LADY JEYNE, v. the lady of winterfell

Start from the beginning

       "I didn't realise you paid such attention to my hair." Maegelle chirped coyly, the corners of her plump lips quirking upwards as she raised an eyebrow playfully.

      "Sansa is my sister," Robb pointed out, "I pick up on some of her chatter."

        "I take it Sansa talks much of Jeyne's elaborate hairstyles and love for flowers too then."

       Robb shook his head in mirth, chuckling whilst he recalled the red-haired girls gushing of his betrotheds fashions and dresses, telling him how lucky he was his wife would be so pretty. "I would fear for her state of mind if she did not."

      "They are so alike, you would think the two of them were sisters instead of me and her." Maegelle quipped fondly, pulling her berry blue cloak around her shoulders as she shivered from the cold gusts of wind blew through her sleeves.

       "Speaking of your sister, where is she?" Robb asked, rubbing at his chin concernedly feeling the stubble began to grow back, hoping she could fill in the gaps of the night before that he had forgotten.

      "Most likely with your brother Jon or Arya." Maegelle replied. "That is with who she spends most of her days here with."

        Robb hummed in response, continuing walking beside Maegelle, who seemed to be gravitating towards the direction of the Godswood. Her words were accusatory almost, the heir realised like she was most unimpressed that it was not Robb who was accompanying Jeyne in their stay here.

         "Robb." Maegelle sighed, halting him in his steps by pressing her hand to his shoulder. "Does it not strike you as odd you that most of your time is spent with me and most of hers with Jon?"

       "Not particularly." The boy deadpanned in response, staring bluntly back at the eldest Redwyne daughter. It is something he thought of often, more than he cared to admit but he wasn't going to outright admit that.

      "We visited the crypts together last night." Robb informed her after she looked to him pointedly. "Albeit, I do not remember much if any of it." He winced, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"My sister is faint-hearted, shy at best. If the two of you are ever going to get anywhere, it will have to be you who chases after her." Maegelle advised, rolling her eyes as Robb looked to the ground sheepishly with a look of dissatisfaction. "You may be used to the maids and whores of this town throwing themself at you but Jeyne is different."

"I know she is different." Robb asserted defensively almost, not quite liking the implications of what the fiery hot-headed girl was saying. "That is why it is difficult."

"You have no issues in conversing with me."

He gave her a roguish smile in return, blue enveloping brown with a familiar flippant mirth to his demeanour. "It comes easy with you, we get along like we are the oldest of friends."

His frivolous manner was all in good faith for the Stark boy was flirty by nature but sometimes Maegelle caught herself wondering if there was some truth to his jesting. "Your mother does not like me." The remark caught Robb off guard as he cleared his throat in surprise. "And how exactly have you reached this conclusion?"

       "Lady Stark is a woman of fine calibre, I admire her deeply." Maegelle complimented the woman to ease the blow of what came next. "But when I am in your company, she looks at me the same way she looks at your half brother whenever she sees him with Jeyne Grace."