Chapter 58: Threat

MEI
How did such a sweet and cute date with my future Prince Charming end up as a street football duel?

I watched outside of the cage as Michael Kaiser and Charlie settled up on what they were going to do for the duel.

I sighed watching as I cupped my head with my hands.

"So what are you doing with a guy like him," Alexis asked, beside him were Benedict and Erik.

"Is there a problem?" I asked him.

Gosh, I hated the look on his face. Actually no, I just hated him.

"No there's no problem at. . . I can't wait to see Kaiser destroy Charlie." He said happily.

"Excuse me. . . But I'm pretty sure your team got destroyed by Charlie. You do remember he broke your ankles right." I chuckled.

"W-Well he got lucky, this time, this time he'll get his revenge."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes at him. It seemed like the duel had started.

CHARLIE
"Best out of 3?" You questioned him, placing the ball in the middle of the pitch.

"Sure. . . I'll make this quick and simple. After all, I do have a flight to catch." He stretched out his hands.

"You want to start with the ball or me."

Kaiser snickered at your comment.

"I'll start with the ball. After all, I want to end this taken quickly."

"But since you're so good shouldn't I start with the ball." You questioned him.

"You're funny. No. I'll have the ball."

Scared.

That's what he was right now.

He was scared.

Scared of you.

As much as he didn't want to admit right now this duel between you two, Michael Kaiser was frightened about the outcome.

The only reason why he accepted in the first place was because he was too prideful to say that you were better than him.

He had a superior complex.

He wanted to prove to himself that he was better than you.

He was right about one thing, You are the biggest egoist. You weren't going to let him just beat you that easily.

It was time to tear that the superior complex of his.

He went forth with the ball, you had to admit what he said about reminding you about himself was true.

While you were up against him back in the finals of the U-20 Champions League match you realised that he was good enough to beat Josh, Calvin and Lorenzo in a duel, but not Sae.

They were on the same skill level. If they were to verse now, it could go either way. It would be a hard time for both of them.

But you weren't Josh, Lorenzo, Calvin or Sae.

You were better than them.