The Role You Were Born To Play

Start from the beginning

Ask me how it feels
Lookin' like hell on wheels...
My God, it's beautiful!
I might be beautiful...
And when you're beautiful...
It's a beautiful frickin' day!

"Yeah, Marley!" Adalynn cheered, clapping with Bailey and Tina as the sophomore finished singing.

"That had more energy than the last three auditions combined," Mercedes gasped.

"Any preference in the role you want to play?" Artie asked Marley.

"Veronica Sawyer," Marley confidently answered, smiling when Bailey winked and gave her a thumbs up.

"Alright, we'll let you know," Artie smiled as he wrote down some notes. "Next up, Adalynn Hummel, Bailey Pierce, and Tina Cohen-Chang."

The Junior Unholy Trinity – as Santana had named them the previous year – stood up and made their way up to the stage. They each grabbed a microphone before lining up.

"Hi, I'm Bailey Pierce."

"I'm Adalynn Hummel."

"I'm Tina Cohen-Chang."

"And we will be singing, Miss Movin' On by Fifth Harmony," the three friends said in unison as the music started.

"I'm breaking down, gonna start from scratch," Bailey sang. "Shake it off like an etch-a-sketch. My lips are saying goodbye. My eyes are finally dry."

"I'm not the way that I used to be," Adalynn sang. "I took the record off repeat. It killed me, but I survived. And now I'm comin' alive."

"I'll never be that girl again, no-woah-oh," the trio sang. "I'll never be that girl again, no-woah-oh. My innocence is wearing thin, but my heart is growing strong. So, call me, call me, call me Miss Movin' On. Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh. Miss Movin' On. Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh. Yeah."

"I broke the glass that surrounded me," Adalynn sang, smiling as she made eye contact with Finn. "I ain't the way you remember me. I was such a good girl. So fragile, but no more."

"I jumped the fence to the other side," Tina sang, avoiding Mike's gaze. "My whole world was electrified. Now, I'm no longer afraid. It's Independence Day."

"I'll never be that girl again, no-woah-oh," the three friends sang together. "I'll never be that girl again, no-woah-oh. My innocence is wearing thin, but my heart is growing strong. So, call me, call me, call me Miss Movin' On."

"Everything is changing, and I never want to go back to the way it was," Adalynn sang, holding tightly to the microphone. "I'm finding out who I am, and who I am from here on out is gonna be enough. It's gonna be enough."

"I'll never be that girl again, no-woah-oh," Tina sang.

"I'll never be that girl again, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh," Bailey sang.

"My innocence is wearing thin, but my heart is growing strong," Adalynn sang, a smile spreading across her lips. "So, call me, call me, call me Miss Movin' On."

"Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh. Miss Movin' On," the trio sang. "Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh. Miss Movin' On. Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh. Miss Movin' On, oh-oh-oh."

"Yeah, I'm movin' on," Adalynn sang, breathing a sigh of relief as the song ended.

She was a mess after her break-up with Quinn, and even considered turning to cutting again to cope, but she knew she needed to break that habit. Instead, she surrounded herself with her two best friends, the twins, her family, and her dog.