2 - 𝚂𝚞𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

"Come on, Nobara," Maki called out, thrusting the wooden spear in her junior's direction

"Come on, Nobara," Maki called out, thrusting the wooden spear in her junior's direction. "Keep being distracted, and you're gonna die straight."

"That girl's anything but straight," Miura chuckled, watching from the sidelines and occasionally popping sour belts in her mouth. She'd grimace every time she'd accidentally eat the green ones, which tasted nothing like apples.

"Bonito flakes."

"Fushiguro, help!," Kugisaki shrieked. "I think Maki-san is going to kill me!"

"You just think?," Fushiguro momentarily chuckled.

"You, traitor! Oh gosh, sensei!" Relief washed over her features when she spotted me walking over to their direction. "Help, I don't want to die yet!"

I just gave her a bright smile and sat myself under the comforting shade. "Don't worry, Kugisaki-san. Shoko-san is on duty today."

"That's not what I wanted to hear!," the girl complained while running for her life.

"(F/n)," Yaga called, approaching us with heavy footsteps. "I need you to look into something."

"May I ask for the details?"

"We noted some suspicious activities from a certain clan," Yaga added. "There's also a mission for Fushiguro and Miura."

I shot him a questioning look. New as I was, knowing Miura clan's and Zenin clan's cursed technique and their incompatibility made me doubt the duo. But then, the higher-ups would not risk such a combination for no reason.

Yaga, noticing my confusion, answered. "It was Satoru's idea."

Gojo Satoru?

"Yes, just ask him about it. I'll have Shoko down for the details of the investigation," Yaga excused and retreated back to the main building.

"This is risky," I surmised, heaving a deep breath. It was the first time I would oversee a task while launching an investigation at the same time.

What if something goes wrong?

The possibility of putting my students in danger started weighing on me, the thought seeping too much into my mind that I didn't notice someone approaching. I flinched in surprise when I felt a tug on the hem of my kimono.

I turned to find Toge staring at me with what seemed to be concern in his eyes. "Mustard leaf."

"I'm alright," I replied to ease his worries. "Don't worry, it's nothing."