Chapter 13| Ruin Date

Começar do início

"Seems like you two are going on a date." Nogla said and I rolled my eyes, feeling my cheeks heating up. I grabbed the car keys and grabbed Jon's arm.

"Come on, Jonathan." I said as I dragged him out the door.

I stopped the car when we got to the restaurant. I smiled when I saw that there was a couple of tables open outside. I want the both of us to eat outside. "Let's eat outside." I told him.

"Ok." Jon grabbed my hand and I held his tightly. We both walk inside and the waiter took us outside. The night look absolutely perfect for us. I love that the moonlight was shining on Jonathan. He was looking at the menu, deciding what to eat, while I just stare at him. The moonlight made his bright blue eyes shine.

"Do you know what you're getting?" He asked. I nodded and he set his menu down. "Alright."

We were both silent for awhile. Jon just started tapping on the table making time pass by. I wanted to hold his hand badly. I slowly move my hand to his and held it down so he would stop tapping. He look up at me and I smiled. He smiled back and hold my hand.

"Breaking news, two murders had just killed three people and is still killing at this moment. Everyone, stay inside and hide. They're still running around town and the cops are trying to contact the heroes and stopping them." The news reporter said. The TV was on the news channel.

"Evan." Jon got out of his seat but I pulled him back down.

"Don't worry, the guys will go after them." I told him. Both of our phones beeped. The guys made a group chat of all of us in it.

Lui: Dont worry guys! We have this covered!
Moo: Yeah, just keep eating your dinner.
Daith: We'll protect your lovely date.

I laughed and rolled my eyes from Nogla's text. Jon looked a bit scared and gently set his phone down.

"Sirs, you should go inside for safety." The waitress told us.

"We'll be fine." I told her.

"A-Are you sure? I don't want them coming by and attack you guys." She told us.

"We can take care of ourselves." I grinned at her and I swear I think my eyes flash yellow like my owl eyes. She jumped a bit then nodded. We told her our order and she quickly ran back inside.

"Are you sure about this Evan..?" Jon whispered.

"Listen, if those two murders come over here, we can take them down. We're Night Owl and Batcoon remember?" I told him. He nodded slowly.

Time passed by and nothing happened. We ate and talked like it was a safe normal night. Jon was looking around us hoping the murders doesn't get us, but I kept telling him everything was alright. At that moment, our date was ruin...

"EVAN!" I heard Jon screamed and jump out of his chair. I was confused at first but then felt myself get lift off the chair. I felt a cold blade touch my neck.

"Jon! Run!" I told him. He shook his head no while walking back. Another man was behind him.

"Run? You two aren't running from us." The man grabbing me said. I was showing my face, would it be a good time to transformed? I closed my eyes and calm down a bit, then open them again.

"Woah, his eyes changed colors.." The man who grabbed Jon said. Jon kept struggling to get out of his grip.

"Delirious... Now." I told him. Jon look at me with fear in his eyes and then nodded. He transformed and got out of the man's gripped. He got on the table and jumped on me. Jon scratched the man's arm.

He let me go and I dropped to the floor.

"You filthy raccoon!" The man yelled while grabbed his arm. Jon transformed and I grabbed his arm, dragging him away from the restaurant. I took him to an alleyway to hide, but the guys followed us. "You can't hide from us." He said.

I picked up a trash can and threw it at them. Jon was shaking a lot and hide behind me. The guys fell and I grabbed Jon's arm and continue running away. I heard footsteps catching up to us.

We were both trapped. We stopped at a dead end. "No more running now, boys." The other man said. I put my arm in front of Delirious to block him.

They were walking closer to us and the man picked me up and threw me at some trash cans. "Jon!" I yelled. I felt a lot of pain on my back. The other guy held me down and put a knife on my neck.

"Actually, I'll let you watch you friend get killed." He said and made me look at Jon.

"It's time for you to go to sleep now." The man told him. Jon stopped walking once he hit the wall behind him. I could see the fear in his eyes. He was shaking a lot and the man held his knife in the air, getting ready to hit Delirious in the head. He moved it down.

"NO!" I yelled.

Suddenly, Jon closed his eyes and grabbed his arms, stopping him. Jon stopped shaking and he look... Different. He slowly opened his eyes. They weren't bright anymore. Like the ones from last night. He started giggling a really creepy giggle. A giggle sounding more insane than his normal giggles

Jon kicked the man's leg making him fall down. He took the knife away from him and kept giggling while moving back and forth. "Good night!" Jon said evilly and strikes the knife into his chest. The man screamed and my eyes widen from the scene. Jon kept hitting him faster and faster until the screaming man stopped screaming. The other man let me go and ran and Jon kept staring at me.

"J-Jon...?" I said.

"Jon? He's not here... I'm... Delirious..."