𝟏| 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

His cries and grunts could be heard, adding to the squeaky sounds the creatures were making and just as he got up to his boot covered feet, one jumped right on him, causing him to collapse right back to the ground. The thanator was clawing and biting at him, hoping to kill it's prey. The next thing the demon knew, an arrow lodged right through it's body, killing it instantly before the sky person was pushing it off of him, going to stab it until he noticed the arrow.

Looking over his shoulder, his eyes widened as he watched Y/n and Neytiri jump right over him as they shot at the creatures. Neytiri swung her bow at a few, not having anymore arrows while Y/n jumped up on a tree branch, shooting the rest of her arrows at some just as one jumped at her, sending her down to the ground as she rolled over.

Using her last arrow, she stabbed the sharp end into the thanator before she was back to back with Neytiri, both Na'vis swinging their bows towards the creatures trying to kill them. As they all were rushing off, loud hisses escaped the two females, revealing their pointy teeth as their tails and ears twitched. Standing straight up when they were all gone, both moved their hands in front of their eyes at the brightness of the fire that was lit up on the end of a torch.

Neytiri bends down, grumbling to herself in Na'vi while grabbing the torch and tossing it towards the large puddle of water, ignoring the demon's protests. The females completely ignored him, hearing whines just ahead of them. Y/n was the first to walk over, quiet hisses leaving her as she caught sight of a thanator laying on the ground with an arrow lodged into it's body, but it was still alive.

Both kneeling down, Y/n brought out her knife, both mumbling words as she stabbed the blade right into it's heart, killing the creature instantly. Rising up from their crouched positions, they were walking around where the dead thanator's laid just near the demon, who had been watching them as they crouched down beside the creatures they attacked.

"Look, I know you both probably don't understand this, but thank you." The demon speaks up, receiving no response from them as they mumbled things in Na'vi. "Thank you. That was pretty impressive. I would've been screwed if you two hadn't come along. It was--"

The demon cut himself off when both females had stood up and walked off, Y/n taking a glance at him that had them making eye contact before they left. Furrowing his brows in confusion, he was following right after them, ducking his head from the branches of the trees as he tried to catch up to them, trying to get them to slow down.

When he said thank you again, telling them thank you for killing the creatures while he gently grabbed Y/n's arm, Neytiri swung around and hit his face with her bow, sending him down to the ground while she clenched her jaw, baring her teeth and pointing the end of her bow at him.

"Don't thank. You don't thank for this." Neytiri tells him, hers and Y/n's eyes glaring at him. "This is sad. Very sad only."

"Okay. I'm sorry. Whatever I did, I am sorry." The demon replies, making eye contact with Y/n.

Y/n points out at the forest around them. "All this is your fault. They did not need to die."

The demon chuckles in disbelief. "My fault? They attacked me. How am I the bad guy?"

"Your fault!" Neytiri exclaims, the tip of her bow touching his chest. "Your. Fault!"

"You're like a baby. Making noise, don't know what to do." Y/n comments.

The demon raises his hands in surrender, standing up. "Easy. If you love your little forest friends, why not let them just kill my ass? What's the thinking?"

"Why save you?" Y/n questions.

The demon nods. "Yeah, why save me?"

"You have a strong heart. No fear." Y/n admits.