Chapter 58 - Hospital

Beginne am Anfang

I should have known he would buy me more stuff than just a charger.

"I even got you some lunch."

As Koko was going through the bags, Ran and Rindou changed places with Kakucho and Mochi. "We'll see you later, (Y/n)." Ran waved me bye and Rindou just gave me a nod.

"I mean you don't really have to come back" I mumbled.

"So, how are you feeling, (Y/n)?" Mochi asked me.

"I'm fine, expect for the pain in my thigh." Yeah, Ran squeezing my thigh like that made it hurt every now and then.

"And what about your fingers?" Kakucho asked as Koko was still going through the bags he brought.

"Eh, I can move them but not really." I tried to wiggle my fingers and they didn't budge. "I'm surprised I was able to get my phone out my bag earlier." I watched Koko pull out a brand new phone charger and look for a place to plug it in next to the bed. Once he found a spot, he grabbed my phone and connected the charger to it.

"There." Koko placed my phone back on my lap and went back over to the bags he left on the end of the bed. "Are you hungry?"

"I mean I'm not going to pass on free food."

"You say that, but decided not to eat the dorayaki Mikey got for you" he pointed out as he brought out the food he got for me.

"Yeah...look that's more of a snack. I need real food."

"Mikey gave you a dorayaki?" Mochi asked.

"Technically Takeomi is the one who gave it to me." I sat up a bit more in the bed. "But it was still from Mikey." I could see Koko walk back over to the chair he sat in earlier.

"You know, out of all the years I've known Mikey, I've never once seen him share not a single one of his dorayakis or taiyakis with anyone" Mochi recalled.

"Are you telling me I'm the first one he's share one with?" I asked.

"Open your mouth" Koko ordered.

Without thinking, I opened my mouth and felt Koko put something in there. "Is this a chicken nugget?" I tried to ask with my mouth full.

"Yeah." He waited for me to chew my food so he could put another one in my mouth.

"So he remembered about the ten piece chicken nuggets on that date we had" I thought. "Did you get me fries?"

"I got you a large." He showed me the fries.

"Are they hot and fresh?"

"I made sure they were."

"I think I might just fall for you, Koko." I took the fries from him and started eating them even though it was pain to use my fingers to grab just one fry.

"You think you might fall for me because I got you some french fries?"

"Don't take what I said to heart." I already devoured the fries. "Eating hot and fresh food hits different, making me say things I don't actually mean." I reached my hand out to him to give me the bag the food was in. "I need more of those fries."

"There isn't anymore." Koko handed me the bag.

"That's where you're wrong Hajime Kokonoi." I reached into the bag and pulled out a couple of bag fries. "There's usually a few hiding in the bottom of the bag." I put the fries in my mouth and ate them. "Oh yeah" I looked at Mochi. "You never answered my question about me being the first one Mikey has shared a dorayaki with."

"Like I said, I've never seen him do it before" he sat down in one of the recliners that was in the room. "So yeah, you're the first one."

"I guess that makes me special" I thought. I didn't think too much about that and took a sip of the water Koko got me. "So what happened after I passed out yesterday?"

"We took care of the two that kidnapped you" Kakucho answered.

"I know that part." I opened my mouth and Koko put a nugget in there. "I'm talking about if anything else happen, like more people showing up."

"Nothing that you need to worry about, (Y/n)." Kakucho made his way to my bed. He then held his hand out. "Let me see one of your hands."

"Okay." I gave him my right hand.

Kakucho carefully held my hand as he examined it. "Do you feel any pain?"

"Every now and then but nothing like how I was feeling yesterday when that asshole was cutting my fingers." Kakucho sat my hand down in my lap. "I should have actually made sure they were dead when I shot them." I looked at my hands again. "Then I wouldn't have to be going through this."

"I'm surprised you were able to pull the trigger on them in the first place" Mochi said.

"Well my life was in danger and I couldn't rely on you guys to save it." I grabbed one of the chicken nuggets and started picking it apart. "Well it was only Mikey there but still." I put the ripped apart chicken nugget back in the box. "He shouldn't have left me alone there."

Saying that last sentence had a different tone in it than usually and the three in the room was able to pick up on it.

"She's actually upset about Mikey leaving her alone?" the three of them thought in unison. 

.

.

.

(Damn, so a year has past since I posted the first chapter, huh? Crazy. Anyways, I want to thank everyone who's been reading this story/book and enjoying it so far :3)

(Also, quick question. Do you guys want me to put that text to speech thing on this story? I know sometimes I get lazy and just let the robot voice read them for me.)