“Please,” he said, gently pushing me back down, “Just stay for breakfast then I’ll walk you home.”

“Great Idea Kal, I’m sure you won’t draw any attention to yourself and my parents would just love it,” I said, sarcasm dripping from each word.

“I don’t care what anyone says, you’re not going home by yourself.”

I could tell that there was no arguing with him so I nodded and let it drop.

“Fine, then how about you make me your best omelet?” I said, offering him a smie.

I didn’t want to let what Tommy did ruin my time with Kal. He was a great person that took care of me when I needed him. Plus, I’d pay Tommy back sooner or later when he wasn’t expecting it. I’ll never let myself be that vulnerable again.

He gave me a playful smile and in the blink of an eye I was in his arms and being carried downstairs. I tried wiggling out of his grasp but only got tangled in his long white shirt.

“Kal I don’t remember putting this on, did you dress me?”

“Yes, as much as I didn’t want to I knew you would be upset this morning so I put a white shirt on you and a pair of my shorts.”

“Pervert,” I said laughing.

“I can’t help it if I think you look good,” he said growling in appreciation.

“Haha thanks. I’ll take bacon and cheese in my omelet.”

“Yes ma’am,” he said placing me gently in a kitchen chair.

I watched him take out a huge slab of pork and start cutting it into generous strips. He fried the strips then threw about half a dozen eggs. My mouth started to water as the mixture of yolk and bacon hit my nose. He cut the omelet in two and placed a dish in front of me and one the other side of the table.