𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

-ˏˋ UNFORTUNATE ACCIDENTS ˊˎ

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

If there was one thing Kairi disliked, it was hospitals. The gloomy atmosphere and the thought of being in the same building with thousands of possibly dying people just bothered her completely.

For her age, it did feel like she was being a bit immature. But you never understand someone's feelings until you find yourselves in their shoes.

Kairi stared at her unconscious father, and the loud music from her headphones was drowning out her mother's cries.

It was an unfortunate accident at work, they said.

He'll never be able to use his hand again. Staying at work wasn't much of an option for him either, because he had to stay bedridden until his hand eventually got better.

Not wanting to seem like a complete asshole, the girl pulled down her headphones and hugged the crying woman to comfort her.

"Don't worry. I'll do my best to help." Kairi assured while patting her back, but even she was nervous and overwhelmed by the sudden change of situations.

Work itself was rough, but she didn't want to dump all the expenses, work, and everything else on her mother.

Her father wasn't the best person in the world, but she had to admit that a life without him would feel like utter hell. It was a good thing he didn't die or anything, the only thing he had to do was recover fast.

"I'll get going now." Kairi had places to be, and she wasn't gonna spend another minute inside the building. The mother and daughter duo bid each other goodbye, and she left.

The streets of Tokyo were bustling per usual, and the music blasting from Kairi's headphones was dangerously keeping her away from any distractions outside. Yes, dangerously.

Due to a mix of loud music and her stupidity, she failed to hear the horn honking from a truck while crossing the road. The moment she looked beside her, however, it had almost been too late.

She screamed in fright, and the truck lightly hit her. The girl dramatically fell, and she swore she heard a crack.

"Oh no. Oh no. Are you okay?!" The truck driver asked while panicking. He got out of the truck while looking around in confusion, but he quickly focused on the groaning girl again.

"Darn, my headphones..." Fortunately, Kairi wasn't the one that sounded like a glow stick cracked, but her poor headphones had to take the sacrifice.

"Sorry, this one's my fault." She sat up while apologizing to the guy, but the sudden realization hit her.

Where the hell was everyone?

┌─────── ⇦♕⇨ ───────┐

WELCOME TO THE BORDERLANDS!
UPLOADED: December 30, 2022
EDITED:

└─────── ⇦♕⇨ ───────┘