You're pissed, I get it

ابدأ من البداية

"I know." Lily finally said.

-

There were people outside now and Lily could hear everyone getting ready for the day ahead of them. She had snook back into their tent later on in the night when Daryl was asleep and so she only had around 2 hours sleep. Daryl stirred next to her and she knew she needed to get up and out now before he woke.

Stepping outside the tent, Lily stretched her arms out and squinted at the rising sun. The men were already beginning to move some of the bodies, and Lily was intending on helping.
"We bury our own! Burn the rest. Take him up to the top." Glenn was overlooking where all the bodies were going.
"Hey, where can I help?" Lily stood in front of Glenn, who wore his usual baseball cap on his head.
"Well, er, you could go help finish burying them up the hill. Other than that I think we got it covered." Lily nodded to Glenn and started to walk up the hill towards the graves that Jim had been frantically digging yesterday.

"Let me see that!" Jacqui's voice made the whole camp quiet. Lily turned and looked over to see her talking to Jim.
"It's, it's nothing. Just a scratch." Jim backed away a little from Jacqui and Lily squinted her eyes at him, trying to see better and saw his shirt was bloody. Jacqui lifted Jim's shirt and immediately after let go and stepped back.
"JIM'S BEEN BIT!" She screamed in horror as Jim tried to stop her.
"Guys, it's just a scratch." He tried reassuring everyone but by now everyone was crowding him.

Lily had left everyone else to discuss what they were going to do with Jim and headed up the hill. She grabbed a shovel which had been dropped by the side in the hurry to see the drama. Lily looked down into the shallow grave and saw it was Ed. She stared for a while, thinking back on what Carol had said the night before, but she still felt some sadness despite hating his guts. No one deserved to die by getting ripped apart by drooling geeks. She shovelled the mountain of dirt from the side and threw it on as it covered his face.

-

"Lily, can I talk to you for a moment?" Rick caught up with Lily as she walked towards the RV. She turned and nodded. "What's your thoughts on where to go next? You weren't there earlier when we were talking." Rick asked and Lily shrugged.
"All I know is we're not safe here anymore. It's not really safe anywhere. Either way we're all gonna end up fighting for our lives. The CDC could be safe, but then again it could be overrun. It's a risk." Rick leaned back on his left foot and placed his hands on his hips.
"And do you think we should risk it?" He asked, squinting at the sun. Lily paused for a moment and finally nodded her head, stepping into the RV.

-

"You need any help packing your stuff?" Carl appeared in the doorway of Lily's tent.
"Shouldn't you be packing your stuff?" She asked him, raising her eyebrows.
"Well yeah, but mums doing that." He smiled cheekily and Lily shook her head, letting out a small laugh.
"There's not really much to pack. Just these few clothes I have." Lily threw her dirty clothes into a biggish shoulder bag.
"My dad says that they might have some fresh clothes for us at the DCB or whatever its called." Carl said looking quite proud.
"The CDC?" She smiled back at him and Carl nodded enthusiastically.

"Ready to go?" Rick popped his head in the tent and smiled at them both. Carl jumped up and ran out with his dad. Lily looked around her tent and checked it was empty. She took her bag outside and took it to the cars that were parked almost ready to leave. It was just the tents that needed packing away and people had already started on it.
"Ya comin' on ma bike? Or ya going with all ya new friends." Daryl asked Lily, avoiding eye contact. Lily turned to him and rolled her eyes.
"I'm coming on the bike." She said and then walked over to where everyone was stood.

"We're not coming. We have some family in Birmingham and we're hoping they're there." It was Morales.
"You sure?" Shane asked him and Morales nodded. "You change your mind you know where we're heading. Channel 3." After everyone said goodbye, Lily walked over to them and said her own goodbye, she never really got to know them but the thought of them out there on their own scared her.
"Be safe." She said as she nodded to Morales and his wife. Morales' wife pulled her in for a hug and she smiled. Lily then crouched down to his children and smiled at them. "You be good for your daddy yes?" They both nodded giving her a high five and giggling.

-

They drove towards the CDC, Lily clutching onto Daryl's waist as he drove his very noisy motorbike. It was started to get dark and Lily was getting worried, the CDC was close to the city and the dark just made everything a whole lot harder. But they eventually approached the CDC stopping on the road and seeing the bodies scattered around it. It did not look good.

Everyone started to get out of their cars and grabbing their weapons. Lily looked at Daryl who had his crossbow raised already. They all walked in formation towards the building and the door.
"Rick, it doesn't look good." Lori said, watching as nothing happen. The door wasn't moving nor did it look like there'd be anyone inside. Lily heard some groans and turned seeing some walkers already moving towards them.
"Rick..." She said but he was too busy watching the camera.
"Rick we need to leave...now!" Shane called and grabbed Rick as everyone started to turn back to the cars.

"The camera. It moved." Rick said and this made everyone turn around. Rick then started shouting at the camera like it could hear him. "You're killing us!" Shane grabbed Rick and they all ran back to the cars. But before they could make it a bright light appeared behind them and they all turned to see the door was opening. Carl looked at Lily and smiled the proudest smile there ever was. Rick sighed with relief as we all walked into the CDC.