Wanting Truth (Prologue)

A/N: Read this before reading the rest of the story (Obviously)

Yellow Marker quietly sat down in his chair. This was about to be a long day in his shop. No markers came in because most of them were in hiding. Plus, none of them need fishing supplies. Yellow Marker was always wondering why they hid. They would never tell him when he asked. His mind always drifts to the possibilities of why they do it. He remembered hearing some marker say 'force of habit' but he was sure that there was more to it. He suddenly heard a little 'Ding!'. Yellow Marker looked up to see another collector and then sighed to go back to his thoughts. But the collector walked over to him. Yellow Marker sat up properly and smiled a forced smile. "Hello, what can I do for you?" Yellow Marker asked, "Have you seen any other markers?" the collector asked. Yellow Marker giggled before answering; "No,". "I know your lying," the collector's eyes narrowed, "Ok, fine! There's this one that chills in the water under this shop," Yellow Marker admitted, "Is there any up the ladder behind you?" the collector asked. "NO! DON'T GO UP THERE!" growled Yellow Marker. The collector only smirked before jumping over the counter and going up the ladder. Yellow Marker had to go through this routine, day after day. Though, sometimes he would say different things.

Yellow Marker watched as the collector climbed down again. But something was a bit different. The collector looked a bit scared and surprised. 'Probably saw Tied-Up Marker,' thought Yellow Marker. "Hello, what can I do for you?" Yellow Marker asked, "What do you sell?" the collector asked, "Fishing stuff," Yellow Marker answered. "But no one needs it," he added under his breath. "Hello, what can I do for you?" Yellow Marker asked. Again. "Do you say anything else?" the collector spat. Yellow Marker could only force a smiled at them. "No? Really? You markers are really bland," the collector said. They collected Old Marker and left holding the Markerpedeia. Yellow Marker decided to close the shop for a bit. He put a sign outside and then left to the basement to examine a map he found. 

After a while, Yellow Marker decided to do something else. He went to the attic. "Hi Tied Up Marker!" Yellow Marker said brightly as he sat on a box, "What do you want?" Tied Up Marker asked, "I want answers," Yellow Marker replied, "About that map? I don't know anything," Tied Up Marker said. "Why is Plaid Marker in hiding?" Yellow Marker asked. Tied Up Marker suddenly looked nervous. "J-just a force of habit!" Tied Up Marker chuckled nervously, "Not true. I want the truth," Yellow Marker said blandly, "You really want to know?" sighed Tied Up Marker, "Yes," Yellow Marker replied. "Ok... if you say so..."