Brittany went up to the front of the classroom and took a whining Ava out of Julian's arms. The young father scoffed as the blonde handed the baby to Adalynn, whose mood changed instantly.

"Hi, cutie!" Adalynn smiled, hugging Ava close to her.

"My Ada," Ava cooed, cuddling close to her as she curled up in her lap.

"First, I'd like to ask if anyone can prove that Blaine was actually born in this country," Brittany began as Artie gave her a thumbs up. "Second, I'm wrapping up the election by selecting Bailey as my running mate. We're both super awesome, and everyone loves a sibling duo, so anyone with a brother or sister is sure to vote for us."

"Unfair," Blaine scoffed. "This isn't a popularity contest. It's about who's got the best ideas. It's about believing you can make a change."

"What is that taste in my mouth?" Bailey asked. "Is that... sour grape?"

Blaine rolled his eyes as the bell rang. Adalynn stood up and quickly left the choir room, hugging Ava close to her chest as she did so, and Sugar gave Maya back to Bailey.

"Bye, Susar!" Maya waved, smiling. "Tants for Rios!"

"Anytime, sweetie," Sugar smiled, tapping the older twin's nose before leaving the choir room.

"Something's up with Adalynn," Tina said as she and Bailey headed down the hall. "She seems so sad."

"You noticed it too, huh?" Bailey asked as Maya frowned.

"Ada sad?" the baby asked, pouting. "Ada sad besus Lulu bye?"

"Yeah, it's been hard for her," Bailey sighed.

"Me no wan Ada be sad," Maya pouted, leaning her head onto her mom's shoulder.

"I don't want her to be sad, either," Tina frowned. "I just wish there was something we could do to help."

"We'll figure something out," said Bailey. "Right now, we just need to be here for her."

"And keep Marjorie away from her."

"No Jori," Maya whined. "Jori go bye."

"Baby says no," Bailey chuckled. "She doesn't like her either."

"I don't trust her," Tina said as they walked into the Home Ec classroom.

"Me either."

"Me treeter."

****

Adalynn walked into the empty choir room and closed the door behind her. She kept the lights off. She sat down at the piano, and began playing.

Tears filled her eyes as she remembered the words Quinn had said to her, and she couldn't help but feel like she didn't mean it.

Once upon a time
I believe it was a Tuesday when I caught your eye
And we caught onto something
I hold on to the night
You looked me in the eye and told me you loved me

Were you just kidding?
'Cause it seems to me
This thing is breaking down, we almost never speak
I don't feel welcome anymore
What happened? Please, tell me
'Cause one second it was perfect
Now you're halfway out the door

And I stare at the phone, she still hasn't called
And then you feel so low you can't feel nothing at all
And you flashback to when she said, "Forever and always"