Late Night Talking (But We're Stuck In A Target)

Late Night Talking

◎ February 1st, 2022 ◎

"Happy Birthday." Louis' voice is deep and husky, having just woken up. Harry grins at him, smiling so widely that Louis wonders if his cheeks hurt.

"It's my birthday!" Harry claps. "What'd you get me?"

"Nothing, you weirdo. Twenty-eight isn't a special birthday." Louis groans, wanting to go back to sleep. Harry huffs and crosses his arms, reminding Louis of a small child or toddler who didn't get their way. "I'm surprising you with a trip to Target later. And dinner afterward." Louis admits, watching Harry's pouting lips turn back into a smile. It makes Louis smile too.

"Really?" Harry chuckles. "Is it one of those trips where I get a trolly and fill it with whatever I want?"

"Yes, Harry, now go back to sleep for a little bit." Louis groans.

"No way! You're supposed to make me breakfast in bed and spoil me all day."

"Where did my normal boyfriend go, and who is this clingy man in my bed?" Louis laughs. Harry's mouth drops in an offended glare, but he's still smiling. He jumps on top of Louis and starts tickling his hips, Louis' weak spot. Louis laughs loudly, flinging and thrashing to try and get the more prominent man off of him.

"Okay! Okay! I'll make you pancakes!" Louis roars out between giggles. Harry laughs along and shakes his head.

"It's way past breakfast time. We slept in until two. Can we stay in most of the day and go to Target tonight?" Harry asks. "For my birthday, I want to stay in bed with you, watch silly romcoms and eat all the junk food you store away in the cabinets where you think I can't find them."

It's true. Louis keeps a stash of Little Debbie cakes and chocolate bars in a cabinet that he thinks Harry is clueless about. They both follow a strict diet most of the time, but Louis needs something sweet now and then.

"I guess I should find a new hiding place." Louis giggles, leaning up and kissing Harry's cheek. "I'll still make brunch for you. Pancakes in bed, okay?" Louis asks.

"How could I ever say no to pancakes in bed?"

They fell asleep around five in the afternoon due to their bellies being full of chocolate chip pancakes and a rather dull rom-com left playing on their bedroom television. Louis wakes up first, around eight forty-five at night, to his phone blowing up.

Zayn: Still on for tonight?

Niall: Where are you, Louis?? I have been waiting to hear from you or Harry all day!!

Anne: Are we still having Harry's party tonight with your family? Let me know x

Louis wipes his eyes before responding to each text.

Louis had failed to mention to Harry that they were having a pretty late surprise party at Harry's mum's house. The party is being pushed to later in the night because Louis realizes what time it is, and they still have a Target trip in the works.

"Harry, wake up, love." Louis gently shakes him awake. "It's late; we need to get to Target before they close."

Harry groans but sits up in bed. "Okay, give me ten minutes."

The two quickly get dressed. Both are standing by the bathroom sink in their tiny shared bathroom, brushing their teeth and styling their hair. It takes Harry a bit longer to finish getting ready. Louis throws on one of his black and white striped tracksuit pants with a white/grey sweater, and Harry dresses in blue jeans and a white t-shirt with a dark blue bandana tied around his neck.