Chap. 9

Hey guys! There are 2 songs in this chapter. It would help if you played the music while reading because it will make more sense! Thank you!-Sydney xoxo

Avi's P.O.V

•••next morning•••

I woke up with the light shinning into my room. I looked over and Luke wasn't there. He probably left to have the guys day. I get up and do my routine. I picked my clothes out and then hopped into the shower. I picked out a black skirt, a floral crop top, seafoam green heels which most likely is a bad idea, but beauty hurts. Am I right ladies? Anyways once I was done I went into the bathroom and straightened me hair. I then put on my usual light make up. Emma, Katie, Lily, Lia and I are all going to have a girls day. Once I finished with everything I grab my black purse and my phone and walked down stairs. I saw Lia in the kitchen making us some toast since it was already 10.
"Morning Lia. Are Emma and Katie here yet?"
"No they are almost here though. They said 5 minutes"
"Okay sounds good-"I said getting interrupted by all the boys laughing and having nerf guns in their hands. Oh shit, they are having a nerf gun war. I always love those me and Lia would kick our brothers asses. We were so better than them.
"Well good morning boys" Lia says
"Morning Lia and Avi"
"What are you guys up to?" I say with a smirk on my face looking at all of them. Austin and Jake knew what I was smirking at.
"Nerf war"
"I see that, who's winning" I say with another smirk on my face.
"Dammit Avi just leave us alone. Jake and I already know you guys are the queens at a nerf war just leave us to have a victory please"
"No can do bro, LIA AND I ALWAYS WIN" I shouted in Austin's face.
"Austin what is she talking about?" Luke asks and the other boys looking really confused.
"Okay, well Lia and I were on a team when we were younger an Jake and Austin were one. When we played Lia and I always won and these two cry babies would get upset that their little sisters beat them big time." I say with Lia and I cracking up at the memory.
"Ugh Avi stop laughing it's not funny" Jake says
"Oh your right. It's not funny, it's hilarious" I say cracking back up again. The door bell rang and I walked to get the door and Emma and Katie were there.
"Hey guys come on in. We will be leaving shortly" I say.
"EMMA!" Michael tells running to give her a hug.
"KATIE! Cal says doing the same action as Michael. They look happy together. I turned around and saw Ashton peck Lia on the lips.
"Whoa. What the fuck!?-"
"Avi language" my mother said interrupting me. I just rolled my eyes as normal.
"Anyways are you guys a thing?" I ask shocked
"Yup we got together last night. I asked her to be my girlfriend" Ashton says to me. I just stood there shocked. I mean I wasn't expecting that at all.
"CONGRATS!" I yell hugging them.
"Avi, may I speak with you" Bryan says walking down the stairs. I just tense up not really knowing what conversation is gonna turn into. I don't like him what so ever. I mean I know I didn't give him a chance but seriously my mom cheated on my dad. That's so wrong.
"Y..yeah sure" I say nervously walking away from everyone and into the living room.
"Look, I know you don't like me what so ever, but to be fair you never gave me a chance and I was wondering if tomorrow you would help me pick something out for your mother. I just want you to give me a chance. I never want to replace your dad and I never will. I just want you to give me a chance. Please?" Bryan says to me.
"Fine, I'll go but what are we going for?"
"It's your moms birthday soon so I want to get her something."
"Okay I'll go."
"Thank you."
"Bryan can I ask you something?"
"Always"
"Okay well do you love me mom?"
"Yes I love your mother. She makes me happy and I believe I make her happy." He says and a smile spreads across my face.
"If you make her happy then I should be happy she found you to move on. I need to move on I'm just scared to"
"If you ever need to talk I'm here for you. You can always talk to me."
"Thank you Bryan" I say giving him a hug. I'm thankful my mom has found him. I hear muffled crying. I let go of Bryan and find my mom standing there wiping away tears.
"Mom? How long have you been there?"
"Like 5 minutes ago"
"Good. I'm sorry I never gave him a chance he's a nice guy."
"He is indeed" my mom said smiling while looking at him. I guess I could get use to him being around. He seems to make my mom happy she moved on and I need to move on too. I just don't know how because I was the closest to him than anyone. It still hurts to know he is gone. The traumatic visual just makes me stomach churn over and over again. I didn't know there were tears in my eyes till Luke called me.
"Avi?"
"Yeah?" I say wiping the tears away and grabbing my purse and keys.
"The girls are waiting outside for you but can we talk?"
"I gotta go Luke. Maybe later"
"Yeah sure" he said looking sad. I just walked out the door to me the girls.
"Okay guys sorry. We are taking both Porsches but I'm going to go get Lily so who wants to come with me Emma or Katie?"
"I will" Emma speaks up.
"Alright looks like I'm going with Lia then. Meet you at the mall bitches!!" Katie shouts. Lia and Katie already are down the street headed towards the mall, while Emma and I are going to get Lily.
10 minutes later we finally got there. Emma and I could not stop talking she was telling me how she had a crush on Michael. Those two would look so adorable together I ship it. MEMMA!! To bad they aren't dating yet. Michael also told me how he liked her from the BBQ we had.
"Avi!"
"Lily"
"Omg your Emma! I love the way you act and sing. Your my inspiration just like Avi"
"Awww sweetie that's so sweet thank you!" Emma says smiling. I can tell she already adores this girl.
"Okay Avi, I trust you girls with my daughter. Please drive safe and text me when you get to the mall so I know you guys are safe."
"No problemo Mrs. Miller your daughter is safe with me"
"I know. Have a good day"
"Bye" Lily shouts. To her mom waving. 20 minutes later we were arriving at the mall and meeting the girls at the food court. We went to a whole bunch of stores buy clothes. I bought stuff for Lily cause come on she's the cutest thing ever. We went into the converse store, Macy's, forever 21, Nike and American eagle etc. after about 4 hours of shopping we went to get some food to eat. Fans of us noticed us and wanted pictures and autographs. Emma and Katie also sang covers on YouTube which we found out 4 weeks into living here for summer. They all wanted us to sing but we had to ask the store manager. Which was hard not knowing where to find him so we just asked a security guard and he took us to him in the back of the mall.
"Ah, so you girls want to sing on our stage?"
"Yes" we all said together.
"Why?"
"Well we are somewhat famous. My name is Avaline Rose Marks-"
"Ohhh I've heard of you and your friend. Your fathers died in your arms didn't they?"
"Yes can we please just sing there are fans out there honestly ready to hear us sing without your permission" I said irritated.
"Yes you may, Roger go set the stage up and everything for them" he said looking at his security guard.
"Thank you. Bye"
"Bye be carful girls."
"Alright Lily we want you to sit on the back of the stage so we don't lose you okay?"
"Okay" she said excitedly. She is just the cutest thing EVER! After about 10 minutes of waiting for him to set it up we were finally ready to sing.
"Guys what song should we sing" Emma asked.
"How about we sing your guys song skyscraper that we wrote a couple weeks ago? We still need people to hear it." I say to them.
"Okay good idea are you guys ready?" Lia asked
"Yes!" We all said excited.
" Alright everybody this is skyscraper. Emma and Katie wrote it. Well actually we all kind of wrote it. It's a new song about our past hope you guys like it" I say into the microphone a little nervous. Emma waits for the introduction before she takes off with the first verse.