“It’s fine ma’am.” One of the men said. 

“Ok. Also, Frank, can you make sure that these chairs go last.” She walked out of the dining room. I was left alone in the barren house. I sat in the middle of the floor, remembering all the good times I had in this house. All the tummy aches, all the piggy back rides, all the birthday parties, the funeral.” Though I don’t like the last very much. Suddenly emotion hit me. Normally, I don’t let things get to me, but this time, there was no stopping it. Tears escaped my blueish green eyes and I let them fall. 

“Frank, don’t forget my...” She saw me. “Oh sweety, I know it’s hard, But watch, Michigan will be amazing, and it will feel like home in no time.” 

“I know.” I said chuckling. “There’s just so many memories.” 

“I know honey. I know.” She sat down and hugged me. Soon the truck was loaded, and the car was almost full. 

“Good bye Trinity.” Said one of my only friends Kristen. Her black and red hair hanging in her face. We all huddled together, as it was freezing winter. Why did we have to move when it was freezing?

“Bye Kristen, I’m sorry for moving.” I hugged her, and the chains in her black denim pants dug into my thigh, it hurt but I didn’t care. We’d been together since Kindergarden. 

“Bye Trin, I’ll miss you.” Said my guy friend Blaine as he swooshed his black hair out of his face. He had joined our group in 4th grade. Although him and Kristin started dating freshman year of high school. 

“See ya Blaine, thanks for being there, and being an amazing friend, please take care of Kristen will ya?” I asked him, looking back at our house which was a 3 story. Had a nice green lawn, a white picket fence, just like the kind in story books. It had blue window panes, that I remember painting. Flowers in the windows, my mother had planted when I was seven. A nice porch with a rocking chair and hanging swing, of course they are all covered in snow right now, but in the summertime it’s perfect. Now, we were saying good bye to the life we knew, and we were trading it in for something new.  

“Of course. Hey we’ll see each other again.” He said. Looking at me with his chocolate brown eyes.

“Yeah, I hope so.” I took a final glance at the house.

“Trinity, sweetie, we have to get going if we want to make the St. Cloud Minnesota border by sundown.” My mother said with her white winter cap, and bright red mittens. Her coat was twice the size she was. I giggle at the site of her red nose. Loading the last few things into our car, I hugged my friends one last time and said goodbye. 

“Guess it’s time to go.” I said turning to them. We were about to cry, when Kristin pushed us along.

“Get out of here, I’m freezing!” 

“Yeah, ok.”  Once we were half way down the street I took out my music and started listening. That way my mom couldn’t talk my ear off for 6 hours. This was going to be along ride. We made it to Fargo and had to stop for a restroom break, food and drink. We stopped at a little diner, it was in the middle of nowhere really, it was a white building fashioned after a diner from the 70’s with the bright neon sign that said welcome to Zoomin‘ Nooman’s Diner. 

“Zoomin’ Nooman’s?” I asked skeptically.

“Yeah, sounds fun huh?” my mom said quite seriously and high pitched. We walked inside, brushed our shoes off on the carpet. Everything was themed for the 70‘s; they were in light blue skirts, and tank tops that were half white half light blue, and they were in white roller skates. The floor was black and white checker and there was a table along the front with barstools to sit at. They were red circle seats and the booths were also red. There were really old arcade machines. Besides my mother and I, there were only 2 other people. Another mother, and her little boy who kept wanting to playing the arcade, coming back for a few bites and then off to play some more.