Tributes

While Blue explained the rules I zoned out. Excitement, for my designes, rushed through me. Nearly there. I realised the moment before he plunged his hand into the bowl that I would get double the tributes to dress. His hand came out of the glass bowl and he held a perfectly folded piece of paper up for the audience to see. He walked over to a microphone and in a tortuously slow pace he carefully opened the paper.I held my breath.
"Star Spear!"
The camera whirled to an unusually nervous crowd which split in haft to reveal a 16 year old girl who hesitantly walked towards the stage. She had looks that I could work with, I just had to hope her sibling had those same looks. Fiery, ginger hair lying loosely on her sholders. Amber eyes that had a hint of fear but also hope. A tanned skin that showed she had trained for this moment. She could make it through the games, but maybe her sibling wouldn't be so lucky. No one wanted to enter these games as the Capitol had declared that there would be one or no winner. Entering the games meant sacrificing your sibling. A price no one wanted to pay. She only had one chance, that someone in that crowd was crazy enough to volunteer. That someone out there didn't care for their siblings. Or family, for no family would forgive this.
"Where's your sibling deary?"
After a miniscule pause she confidently proclaimed "I have two!"
Again the crowds parted. First a 14 year old boy came on stage, he had the build to be something in the future but now he wouldn't make it. Then a 18 year old girl came on stage. She would make it. If her brother was picked then the girl had better chances however if her sister was picked her chances would decrease.  A bowl was placed in Blues hand. In it two pieces of paper layed on the bottom. These where the papers that would decide the fate of the three.
Slowly, Blue reached into the bowl. Looking at both papers he moved his hand aground a bit and quickly picked a name. Giving the bowl away he opened the paper.

"Scarlet Spear"

The sister took a step forward. Her face showed no emotion. However, deep down inside I knew she felt pain for her and her sister. The relief for her brother must lift that pain slightly.
"Any volunteers?"
Silence. No one dared breath. My tributes where chosen.

She stood tall. Taller then Blue. Long straight hair covered parts of her face but her hard, chestnut eyes could still be seen. This was the second tribute to be chosen for the games and already I knew she would make it to the last three at least. I'm sure she could fight her way through the games and I would handel her performance. As soon as I saw her I knew I could make the audience fall in love. She wasn't to loud which normally helped in the games. Her name was also a seller. It was almost comical as well scarlet being a type of red. It gave me inspiration and a colour to work with. Every design, without a shade of red was torn out of my scetchpad at once. Adrenaline rushed through my vains.

Thank you for reading, the next chaper Gloss and Crystal will meet.
Hope you enjoyed, Kia.