Madi

Madi had registered the door bell ringing but had brushed it off, assuming it was a delivery or one of her parents' friends just dropping by. And why should she care? She wasn't expecting anyone to come over today.
So it was definitely a surprise when Felix burst into her room, the color high in his cheeks as he starts rambling about something, his voice high for once as he talks.
"Hold on, I can't understand a word you are saying right now," Madi says, turning around on the piano bench to face him, "Slow down."
Felix takes a deep breath and nods, handing Madi a piece of paper, "Here."
Madi takes it and looks at it, confused for a long moment, "This is a reservation for a cabin in Canada?"
Felix nods, "Pack up, we're going to go visit you friend," He says, a beautiful smile on display.
"My parents agreed to let you take me to another country?" Madi asks, convinced this was some kind of cruel joke.
"Yes, I wore them down over the last few months and they finally agreed in the spirit of the summer or whatever."
Madi sits there, dumbfounded at this random turn of events until Felix starts to open her closet, pulling out things after waving hello to the photo cards on the inside of the door.
"Are you serious?" Madi asks, finally standing up from the bench.
"Completely, now are you going to help me pack your stuff or do I have to do it?"

Three hours later, they were standing in line at the airport, boarding passes in hand as people got onto the plane.
"I can't believe we are doing this right now," Madi hisses, as the line moves forward.
"You better believe it pretty quickly because we are almost on the plane."
Madi rolls her eyes and follows Felix as they walk down the hallway onto the plane.
The aisle seat is still open for a long time as everyone boards the plane until finally a man with long legs and shaggy hair stops at their row, giving them both a kind smile.
"Hi," Felix smiles back up at him as the tall man folds himself into the seat. .
"Hey!" He says, "I'm johnny!"
"Felix, and Madi," Felix introduces them and then he and Johnny get into a quick discussion about something random.
Madi shakes her head, looking out the window as she wonders how Felix was always able to make friends so quickly with anyone he meets.
Soon the pilot announces their departure and the plane begins to taxi down the runway on its way to Ontario.
"Do you guys want to hear a really cool song?" Johnny asks, holding out his headphones with a hopeful look on his face.
Hey agree and each takes an earbud, waiting as Johnny plays the song, the first notes of a flute sounding instrument come through the earbud.
The song is almost 4 minutes long and it's really not that bad of a song, just different, but Madi isn't quite as enthusiastic about it as Felix seems to be.
"I love that! Where did you find it!" Felix asks after the song ends.
Johnny starts telling him about a K-pop group in Korea and they both listen for a while until Madi gets bored and puts her own earbuds in, choosing a playlist of k-rock her friend had made for her.
Almost two hours later she looked over again at Johnny and her eyes bugged out, he was still listening to the same track he had shown them at the beginning of the flight.
She glanced up at Felix who shrugs and then shakes her head, the man looked nice but he was probably insane.
The rest of the flight passes quickly and soon Felix is leading the way back off the plane, through immigration and to baggage claim.
There is a flurry of activity and Madi sees Johnny out of the corner of her eyes, hugging a girl with red hair.
"At least he's happy, even if he listened to a singular song for a 6 hour flight."
Felix laughs as she says this, "He was a cool guy."
"You would think that," Madi says, grabbing her bag from the conveyor belt.
"Okay, whatever," Felix laughs, "Let's go, she said she would pick us up."
They find their way outside into the fresh Canada air and wave down Madi's friend Rebecca jumps out of the car to give them tight hugs and help them put their luggage into the trunk of the car.
The ride out to her house was a bit long but filled with excited chatter as they drove, Felix smiling along with the two girls in the backseat.
They reach the house an hour later and are left to settle into a room for a bit before Rebecca calls them back out to go to dinner.

"So what else do we have planned for this trip?" Madi asks after they order their food.
"Rebecca is going to show us around the main sights and then on the last night we are going to go out to that hotel in the woods and pretend we're camping," Felix says with confidence.
"Sounds good to me," Madi says with a smile at both Felix and her friend.
"I have so much for you to see, I'm so excited to have you here!" Rebecca gushes, her energy high ever since the plane had landed earlier in the day.

The next few days, Rebecca shows them museums, parks, monuments, malls, amazing food spots and the best spot in the world for taking couple photos.
The trip goes quickly and soon Rebecca is dropping them off at a car rental company, waving goodbye as they walk inside the building.
Felix talks to the man at the counter and soon they are walking outside and getting into a car.
"Are you ready to go see the woods?" Felix asks, setting his GPS.
"Yes," Madi nods, "I love Becca but it'll be nice to just be with you for a little while."
Felix smiles and agrees, getting onto the highway out into the woods.

The cabin was gorgeous, and the woods were so beautiful and calming. They quickly threw their luggage into the cabin and set out for a walk down one of the many trails in the area.
"Woah, look at this," Madi says as they come out of the path onto the white sand beach of a large lake.
Felix whistles, coming up beside her, "Wow, that's so pretty."
"I love it here," Madi says with a grin as the early summer sun beats down on their heads.
"Me too," Felix grins back and takes her hand in his, leading her along the beach, their toes in the cool water at the edge of the lake.

That evening they set a fire in a ring behind the cabin and Felix pulled out hot dogs, marshmallows, chocolate, chips and graham crackers for them to roast over the fire.
"Arson!" Madi yells as the fire catches on the wood piled in the pit and Felix rolls his eyes.
"Not quite, my love," He laughs as she grins mischievously at the small flames.
"Oh, let me live my life, Lixie," Madi huffs in his direction, pulling another laugh from him.
They almost burn themselves about ten times by the time they have both eaten their fill of hotdogs and chips and a few s'mores each.
The sun was finally beginning to disappear behind the mountains as Felix added another log and sat back down on their blanket next to Madi, throwing an arm around her shoulders as a small chill began to permeate the air around them.
"Thank you for bringing me here," Madi says quietly, laying her head on Felix's shoulder, eyes on the flames before them both.
"I'm glad you have been enjoying it," Felix says softly, pulling her just a tiny bit closer.
"I enjoy any time with you but this is extra special," Madi says with a rare sincere smile.
"I'll have to keep surprising you with special stuff like this then," Felix says, "As many times as i can until you get sick of me."
Madi laughs, "I don't think I could ever get sick of you."
"I hope not," Felix says, and gently places a quick kiss to the top of Madi's head before turning back to the fire.