"Aren't you dying to know?"

"We're curious, but we wanted to wait until the baby comes," Harry explains. "We'll also get gender-neutral toys and clothes as gifts instead of being bombarded with only blue or only pink things."

Louis takes another sip of water, then hands the half-empty water bottle to Harry.

"Can I have my stainless steel one from the car? That one's colder," Louis says.

"I would love to go get it for you," Harry sarcastically says.

"I know, that's why I asked," Louis laughs before jogging back to his friends.

"I'll be back," Harry says to Lou. He walks along the painted white lines on the turf, watching Louis play. He runs after the ball and kicks it to Liam, who advances it towards the goal. Harry glances back at his sweating and smiling husband before entering the lobby of the building.

Harry unlocks his car and opens the door on the driver's side, cocking his head when Louis' stainless steel water bottle isn't in the front console. He shuts the door before trying his luck in the backseat. He makes sure to check the floor of the car and underneath the seats, just in case it fell while they were driving. Again, Louis' water bottle is nowhere to be found. "Did he even bring it?" Harry speaks to himself. When he lifts open the trunk, he spots Louis' Adidas duffle bag. Upon opening it and sifting through spare gym clothes, tennis shoes, and a few granola bars, he finally sees the water bottle.

When he shuts the trunk and looks up, he sees Lou and one of Louis' friends running to the front door. Their eyes are wide and they look panicked, which immediately makes Harry's heart pound. He reaches the door just as the two of them come barging through.

"Louis' hurt," Lou says; Harry doesn't hear anything said after that. He runs past them and back to the field, where the players are all huddled and kneeling in a scattered circle in the wing furthest from Harry.

"Give him some room!" Harry orders when he gets closer to them. Everyone immediately backs away and reveals Louis, who is laying on his right side, his head leaning into the rough ground. When Harry gets closer, he sees that one of Louis' hands is near his left ankle. His other arm is delicately hovering above his bump, lightly touching it every few seconds; it's as if he is afraid to touch it. When Harry crouches down by Louis' back, he hears him quietly whimpering, and he sees that his face is all scrunched up. "Louis, are you okay?" Harry asks.

"No," he chokes out.

"Can I help you up?"

"Yeah." With shaking hands, Harry slowly helps Louis into an upright sitting position. He quickly looks his husband up and down, and he notices that Louis' eyes are glued to his bump.

"What happened?"

"I was r-running to get the ball, but when I went to kick it, I ran i-into someone-" Louis begins to cry after that, but quickly rubs his eyes and forces himself to regain composure. "My baby," he quietly says.

"Is our baby okay?" Harry is almost scared to ask.

"My side got hit." Louis gently traces a line up his torso where his left oblique is.

"Hard?"

"Hard enough," Louis says. "What if something happened to our baby?"

"Then we need to get you to a hospital. I'll help you up." Harry stands up and offers Louis his hands, which he grabs onto. He slowly rises, but winces when he takes his first step.

"Fucked up my ankle," Louis says. Niall breaks away from the small group that is watching everything unfold. He immediately holds Louis up on his right side, and Harry does the same on his left. They hurry to the exit, moving as fast as they can while being mindful Louis' ankle. "I don't feel good," Louis says when they reach the lobby.