"Just outside of London."

"Why does it look like this?"

"This is our doing. Well... yours. This is what happens if you don't follow your destiny," said Wanda.

"Excuse me?"

"Your destiny is to become the Scarlet Witch. Harbinger of chaos. You are capable of spontaneous creation. This is how it all ends. This is what will happen if you don't accept your fate."

"Don't you mean this is what will happen if I do become the Scarlet Witch? You can't trick me," Y/n told her.

Wanda looked behind Y/n before placing her hands on her variant's shoulders and turned her around to see two other figures behind her. One was standing, gripping the shirt of another person, who was on their knees. Wanda directed Y/n closer and soon, Y/n was able to see and hear what was happening. The figure standing hadblood on their left hand, and that person was who Y/n was focusing on at the moment.

"Stop, p-please," the figure kneeling begged. Y/n looked down at them and her face fell.

It was Steven. He was gripping at the arm that held his shirt, trying to pry the hand off. His face was bloody and his hair matted. The thick, crimson liquid seeped from his nose and it looked crooked, almost as if it had been broken. Tears fell down his face as he gazed up at his captor in fear, but also had a pleading look in his eyes. Y/n looked to the other figure, and her face fell more than it already had.

It was her. Ash covered her face, and around her eyes were dark. There were a few blood splatters on her face and a frown on her lips. Her fingers had the same dark effect that she had seen on herself before. The other her wouldn't be recognized to anyone other than those closest to her.

"Y/n, let me help you," Steven pleaded.

"I don't need to be helped," whispered other her. The chaos magic surrounded her free hand, and she plunged it directly into his chest, and seconds after, Steven's body went limp and the other Y/n let him drop to the ground.

"Steven!" Y/n screamed, reaching to grasp his limp body, but was pulled back by Wanda.

"This is your future. It's unavoidable. This is going to happen. This is what you're going to become." As Wanda said that, the other Y/n locked eyes with her counterpart, and her pupil glowed red.

And just like it had happened so long ago, Y/n woke up with a scream, panting, as she looked around the room, hoping to find something to ground her back to reality. Cold beads of sweat fell down her forehead as she removed the blanket from her body and stood up. She went to the window and opened it, letting a cool breeze circulate the room. She headed to the fridge and pulled out some water, taking a drink and leaned against the counter.

"Don't worry, Y/n."

Y/n dropped her bottle, and it splashed onto the floor, the plastic container rolled away from her feet. "Hello...?"

"She won't be able to find you again. I'll make sure of it."

The voice hissed, much like she heard the first night she was here. It caused a chill to run up her spine, so she stepped to the center of the room, looking around her. "Who are you?"