A loud honk made the black haired woman jolt up from shook, her eyes darted up ready to cuss out the person but stopped once she caught sight of the familiar dreads.

Parked in a Aston Martin and she knew it was Jamel, she gathered her things and made her way to the tinted car.

Ja was already out and his hands were spread out awaiting a hug.

"Hi."

"Hey." Jamel brought her into a tight hug, her hands sneaking around his neck while she had to look up at him due to the height difference.

"How you been mama." He rubbed her hips not caring if the people in the cafe could see him cope a feel.

However Jayla did care. The last thing she wanted was a bunch of fan girls bashing her over her hugging "their man"

"I've been great for the most part. Jamel stop." She pried his hands away making him frown deeply." Did I do something wrong?"

Immediately she shook her head no not waning him to get the wrong message.

"Then what is it?" He looked deeply offended and this made her feel guilty.

"We're in public nigga. You can't be rubbing up on me like that." She justifies, crossing her arms and his frown turns upside down.

"Oh is that all? Girl you know damn well I don't give a damn about the media, they always gonna have something to say. Just ignore it."Ja shrugged off her comment.

He opens the door to the passenger side and she thanks him before getting in. Then he quickly jogs over to his side getting in and starting the ignition.

Exiting, the parking lot and driving down the main road of the Memphis street. Top sound by NBA youngboy began playing on Jamel's playlist.

Jayla watched in amusement as he rapped along to every lyric, as if this were a every day thing. NBA young-boy wasn't really her cup of tea she had her reasons.

"You hungry?" Jayla shook her head." Nope not really."

"Okay let's get some Popeyes."

"Jamel. Didn't I just tell you I wasn't hungry." Jayla argued, not getting why he choose to ignore her.

"I know, but I know you lying because you kept eying the McDonalds we drove past. Just shhh and be the passenger princess."He demands and Jayla rolled her eyes, trying so hard to not crack a smile.

Once they pulled up, they went inside and ordered taking a seat in one of the booths. The place wasn't busy so Ja was chilling.

"Something tells me that you were lying to me earlier..." Ja started making drumbeats on the table making Jayla pause her fidgeting.

"About??"

"Your day. You seem more vibrant than the last time I saw you. Plus you had that interview with my cousin that you ain't tell me about.

I had to find out through her!" Jamel dramatically sassed slamming the table, making every head turn in the diner.

Jayla sent him a deadly look. This boy was doing too much.

"Stop acting like a damn baby. It was nothing really. I got the job." She mumbled not making eye contact.

Ja scrunched up his face. Jayla  sounded like a mouse."Speak up lil ma, a nigga can't hear you."

"I said I got the job! Damn!"She exclaimed falling back in the booth and Jamel smirked in triumph.

"I already knew you did I just wanted to hear you say it." He shrugged and she scoffed making him laugh.