Ch. 5: Charity Concert

Start from the beginning

"Managerrrrrrr, I'm bored!"

You recognize that peppy voice anywhere. "Ugh..." With a heavy sigh, you slowly pry open your eyes, momentarily blinded by the glaring rays of the afternoon sun, till you're met with the figure who disturbed your relaxing sleep.

"You're finally awake! Now let's go- Ow!" Venti yelps as you boink him on the head. "Aw c'mon...!" Venti whines, nursing his wound.

"Venti!"

At that moment, a familiar voice calls out his name, drawing both of your attention towards the source of the sound. Turning your gaze in unison, your gaze falls upon a familiar braided blonde approaching you.

"There you are. Why aren't you preparing for stage rehearsals?" Aether asks, his tone laced with a hint of irritation.

"Who, me? Rehearsals? I already know every song in the world! There's no need for me to practice," Venti replies confidently, an aura of self-assuredness emanating from him.

Aether heaves a weary sigh before noticing your presence. Suddenly, an idea appears to dawn on him, and his previously irked expression is replaced with a stern one as he turns his gaze to Venti.

"Were you pestering the manager?"

"Wha- n-no!" Venti shakes his head vehemently, flatly denying the charges against him. "I was... merely gracing them with my presence!"

You shoot a skeptical glance at the singer, which is already enough to convince Aether who's in the wrong.

Rubbing his eyes with the heels of his hands, Aether emits a heavy sigh. "Well, just so you know, test rehearsals starts in a few minutes so I suggest you test your microphone first."

"Mmmmmmmm," the singer muses as he rubs his chin thoughtfully. "And that I shall do -- hehe, ciao!" He waves briskly before darting away like the wind.

Quite the spontaneous individual indeed.

"Phew," Aether breaths a sigh of relief, turning his attention as he offers you his hand.

"Would you mind accompanying me for a sec?"

˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹

Aether opens the RV door, gesturing you to head inside first.

With a gleam in your eyes, you step inside the RV, your gaze darting around the interior with curiosity. "This is the inside of 5wirls trailer!?" you exclaim internally.

The space was filled with racks of clothing, large vanities, and cute decorations. A massive sofa dominated the space, with an empty section likely reserved for instruments.

"Where's the other instruments?" You ask, gesturing to the spot where only a single keyboard remained.

Aether stifles a chuckle before replying, "The other's already placed their instruments on the stage, that's why I'm here to grab mine." Aether walks over to the keyboard, brushing his fingers through the keys in a slow, elegant manner. A hint of tenderness entered his expression as he spoke. "My twin sister actually gave me this keyboard as a gift."

Your eyes widen in surprise and intrigue, as Aether's revelation catches you off-guard. However, it's not as if Aether has never spoken about his twin sister before, he loves her dearly and the fans are well aware of this fact. Yet, the mystery surrounding her actual identity has only fueled wild speculations and rampant rumors among the fandom.

The question piqued your curiosity, and so you ask him, "Your twin?"

Aether simply nods, his expression softening as he reminisces. "Lumine. She gave me this keyboard years ago, when I was still a trainee."