CHAPTER ONE

A/N: The intro is going to be different due to this being Leighton's P.O.V. and not Jake's PO.V. also bold/italics is Na'Vi.

Another A/N: Karen Gillan from Jumanji and Guardians of the Galaxy films is playing Leighton.

Earth. A world that was destroyed due to humans. We killed our Mother Earth because of our selfish ways, wanting to become the richest person. Wanting to destroy a plant that was worth millions, but not knowing that it will coke with a price. Mother Nature was known to protect what is hers, but she gave up. She decided that the human race deserved to die, that they didn't deserve her. She was strong, but her heart couldn't take the amount of pain that she was in due to how hateful the humans are. What we have done to such a beautiful planet became dust.

Grace Augustine, a scientist who has been studying Pandora for years, needed a group of scientists to help her study a planet called Pandora. I was one of the many who have signed up. Studied for years, read everything I needed to know to experience what she had. To feel what it was like to see such beautiful creatures.
      My father wanted to destroy the homes of the Omotacaya. We would get into fights about it. I stopped talking to my father, and even when we were on the same base, I made sure to keep a far distance from him. Grace Augustine was the only person I considered family. She was like a mother due to me not knowing who my real mother was.
    Grace would help me with speaking Na'Vi, for five years Grace wou ld teach me everything I needed to know about them. I helped her with the school, teaching the children how to speak English.
   I became friends with the clan leaders, daughter Neteryi, we were very close friends. Until the school shut down, and I was never allowed to go back and see her or the people again.
    The omotacaya people were my home. The Forrest was my escape. I wanted to go back, but I knew that I had to wait.

         I opened my eyes as I was back in my human form. I let out a sigh as I got out of the machine that helped me get into my Avatar form.

   "Who's got my God damn cigarettes?" Grace shouts, I let out a small chuckle as I saw a woman run back to give her a cigarette.

   "You know smoking is bad for you, Grace?" I said as I turned off the machine.

    "You say this every time." I give her a sweet smile as we walk over towards the newcomers.

    I noticed Max was walking towards us with two men. One was in a wheelchair, as I made eye contact with him. A blush forms my face as I smile at him.

   "And here she is, Cinderella back from the ball. Grace, Leighton, I'd like you both to meet Norm Spellman and Ja-" Grace cuts him off and talked to Norm.

   "Norm, I hear great things about you. How's your Na'Vi?" She asks. 

   "May all your mother smile upon first meeting." Norm smiles as he was very proud, as were me and Grace.

   " Not bad. You sound a little too formal." Norm, let's out a little laugh.

   "I've studied for five years. There is still much to learn." He said in Na'Vi.

     "Uh, Grace, this is Jake Su-" only for Grace to cut Max off once again.

  I give Max an apologetic look.

   "Yea, yeah. I know who you are. I dont need you. I need your brother." I sighed, knowing Grace wasn't taking the news very lightly.

  "Sorry for the inconvenience, but Tommy's dead." I bite lip as I fold my hands behind my back.

  "I'm sorry." I said as Jake gave me a sad smile in response.

  "How much lab work have you had? Ecer ran a gas chromotagraph?" I have a feeling he wasn't going to say something very smart.

  "I disected a frog once." I let out a snort, only for everyone to stare at me as I covered my mouth with my hand.

   I made eyecontact with Jake again, and he smirked at me.

    "You see? You see? They're just pissing on us without even the coutusy of calling it rain. Im going to Selfridge." Grace started to run off as I apologized once again for her behavior.

  "Grace, that's not a great idea!" I called out.  But i knew it was pointless to even tell her.

   "Here tomorrow, 0800. Try to use big words." Max said to Jake.

    ------------

    It was the next day as I was waiting for Grace to get ready for our avatars.

   "How much link time have you logged?" Grace asks.

   "Five hundred and twenty hours." I was impressed.

    "About an hour." Jake responds.

   "You're joking, right?" I looked at Norm as he and I gave each other the same look.

   "Grace -" only for her to glare at me. I raised my hands up in surrender.

Grace was showing where Norms and his link units were as I was heading over towards mine.

    "I'll meet you there,
Grace." I skipped over towards mine as I was next to Jakes' link.

    I closed my eyes and let my mind go blank.

**************

    I opened my eyes, staring at my blue fingers that were wiggling in the air.

   I let out a laugh as I get up from the bed.

   "Do you think I'll end up like my father?" I ask Grace, waiting for an answer as I close my eyes as Grace placed a hand on my shoulder.

    "You're nothing like your father." She assured, I opened my eyes as I gave her a hug. 

   "If I ever turn into him, I don't know what I'll do." Grace rubbed my back as I pulled away from the hug, and I quickly wiped away my tears.

   "Is that Marine?" I asked, as I heard Norm shouting for Jake.

    "Let's go check it out." We went outside of the cabin where I saw Jake in his hospital gown.

     "Hey Marine!" I shout, his green eyes land on mine as I smiled.

   "Leighton?" I smiled as I grabbed a fruit for me as I held it in my hands.

   "Who else numbnutts?" I tossed the fruit in the air a few times.

   "Think fast." He caught the fruit with both hands. He took a bite as the juice spilled out of the fruit after the first bite.

    The day went by faster than I wished. Teaching somebody who didn't know much about the Omotacaya wasn't easy, but it was something that I enjoyed, and if it meant I get to spend more time with the Marine than I will gladly teach.

     It was getting dark as we were taking our Avatar bodies to the cabins.  My bed was next to Jakes, and we both smiled at each other as I lay down on my left side to face him.

    "Good night, Marine. See you at dinner." I close my eyes, and I was out of the link. 

    -----------

A/N: I thought it would be a nice change since nobody has really made a Jake Sully love story that was the Colonel's daughter. I hope you all enjoy it, and I will update hopefully by tomorrow or tomorrow night.