The Vampire Hunters

Start from the beginning

"Well, you're gonna have to wait to find out. It's very important after all."

"You and your mysteries." She pouted. "Does it have to do with this sword you're always carrying around everywhere."

"Hmmmaybe."

"Will you stop being so deviously indirect and just tell me already?!" Liz hit his arm with a barrage of weak, playful punches.

"Hehe, I'm just playing with you. I could tell you, someday. But not today."

"Hmph!" She pouted once more, looking away. "So why are you here anyway? Just to tease me?"

"Just wanted to see you before heading out." Ulrich pulled from his pocket a watch, checking the time. "In fact, I'm willing to arrive late at my destination just to get a kiss from you. And you know how I am."

"Yeah, yeah. You hate waiting for people and making people wait for you. C'mere, you." Liz grabbed him by his the collar, pulling him in for a kiss. The two fought a little for dominance as they shared that passionate kiss, that lasted for what seemed to be minutes.

As the two finally let each other go, looking straight into each other's eyes.

"That was worth the wait." Said Ulrich.

"There's so much more when you get back." Replied Liz, in a sultry tone.

"That's exactly the type of motivation I needed." He turned back. "I'll come back soon!" Waving back to his lover.

"I'm sure you will." She smirked, waving back.

~~~

A few minutes of running and a whole bunch of shortcuts later, Ulrich arrived at the meeting location. A castle.

Built by it's creators to stand the test of war and time, it passed the test with flying colors. Many winters had passed since its stone walls were built, and yet here it is, still standing tall. The headquarters of the Vampire Hunter Legion.

"You're late, Von Liechtenstein!" Yelled a guard standing on top of the gate. Clad head to toe in armor.

"I am?" Ulrich checked the pocket watch again. "Damn it!" He ran in.

"This kid." The guard quickly opened the gate, closing it just as quickly as the man ran in the castle.

Ulrich ran through the courtyard of the castle, heading straight to the main hall, where his peers waited. He barged through the front door, much to the surprise of the other Hunters.

"Sorry I'm late!" He apologized. "I had... important business to attend to."

"Look at him, already giving excuses." Said one of his peers. A woman. Long blonde hair, blue eyes, wearing armor much like his own, and donning a wide brim traveller's hat. "I should cut you where you stand for making us wait."

"Bite me, sis." Ulrich barked back. "That's the first time I'm ever late. Unlike you."

"What?!"

"Enough you two." Said a third hunter. A tall, grizzly old man. Short brown hair, full beard. His green eyes tell a tale. He's seen some shit in his days. "The Grandmaster is here."

The three fell silent as the sound of a cane hitting the ground suddenly hit. They looked up at a balcony standing a few meters above them, where at a stand awaited the Grandmaster of their Legion.

An old man, well on his 70's. Gray hair, and a long wise man beard, he wears a black surcoat.

"Leonie, Ulrich, Johann. You're all here. We can proceed."