Cao Leipeng was very dissatisfied, and angrily slapped the table and said, “The base provides so many resources to the research institute, why can’t even repair a generator?! If this continues, the scientific research The cost of the institute is reduced by half! Anyway, we don’t need so many people, just a few people who can repair cars and street lights will do!”

    These almost contemptuous and casual words made Professor Yan and the others sigh and numb their hearts.

    They are already used to this kind of treatment. Thinking from another optimistic point of view, it is no different from being a car and street lamp repairer directly without a research institute.

    What Chief Cao said directly was not only what he had in mind, but also what most people in the base thought. They had long wanted to reduce the expenditure of the research institute and let more labor force go to cultivate land to grow food, go out to search for supplies, and kill zombies.

    It's just a pity for those bright young people in the institute, it's a pity that what they professors have learned cannot be passed on.

    The turmoil in the last days has destroyed many precious books of human civilization. The new generation born after the end of the world has no education, and they are illiterate to survive. They worry that even if humans defeat the zombies, there will be a fault in human civilization, and it will take thousands of dollars to make up for it. A hundred times more strength.

    Several old professors in the scientific research institute were downcast and did not refute Chief Cao's words, remaining silent and powerless.

    Others at the conference table had already discussed the next topic, and no one expressed concern or objection.

    Si Huaixi pressed his fingers lightly between his eyebrows, his sea-blue eyes flashed a hint of obscurity, and said in a cold tone: "There is an abandoned computer city 75 kilometers away from the base. generator, I’ll go and get it back, the generator may not be able to run after such a long time, but the parts are largely complete, I’ll trouble some professors from the research institute to take a look.”

    Several professors from the research institute and other professors nodded their heads positively. Said confidently: "Don't worry, Commander, we will work hard to repair these old bones!"

    Cao Leipeng frowned, looked at the people in the research institute with dissatisfaction, sighed secretly, and looked at them worriedly. Standing beside him was Si Huaixi who was used to dealing with the mess of the institute.

    At the beginning, I decided to stay because of Si Huaixi's face, but the research institute is really a burden for the base. Although the Lucheng base is better than other bases, and can barely maintain food and clothing, there are still many materials that are in short supply, which cannot be used for research at all. In fact, a lot of funding for the institute's research was privately provided by Si Huaixi.

    Cao Leipeng has always disapproved of Si Huaixi raising these people, this time he intends to take this opportunity to be the villain for Si Huaixi.

    He regards Si Huaixi as Guan Zhao's younger brother who can be entrusted to a trusted junior.

    At the beginning, he trusted the former leader rightly and wrongly, and felt extremely guilty for almost killing Si Huaixi. Fortunately, Si Huaixi hid his strength, and unexpectedly solved the former leader and his son with evil intentions. At that time, Cao Leipeng Vaguely aware of Si Huaixi's unparalleled talent.

    In contrast, Cao Leipeng is forty-seven years old, almost fifty years old. He has witnessed the outbreak of zombies in peaceful times since he was young, and he has experienced countless life and death hardships along the way, and he is also a rare thunder-type superpower , looking at the world's eighth-level lightning system abilities, they are not weak.