"He definitely doesn't like the thought of us together." I agree.

We pull out of the driveway and head to the restaurant. "Yeah, but he's being a dick about it. He's never like this."

"He thinks you're going to treat me like all the other girls you've been with."

"He said that?" He asks, upset.

"Yeah, last night on the drive home." I tell him, feeling like I shouldn't have said anything at all.

"He's. Fucking. Dead." Those three words said so simply, scare me. He was serious.

"Don't, he's just worried. You have to admit you don't have a stellar reputation with girls, even J.J. said that, but he said you were different with me and I trust him. Am I different than those other girls?" I question, forwardly.

I watch him take one of his hands from the steering wheel and he grabs my hand and kisses it. Then looking in my eyes says, "Yes."

I smile then changing the subject I ask, "So, you wear glasses?"

"Sometimes. I don't like to, but I kept my contacts in too long yesterday and today my eyes were bugging me." He looks at me, is he embarrassed?

"I love them." I state, blushing.

He laughs, "Sure you do. You're just too sweet to say I look dorky."

"Trust me, my best friend would tell you differently, if he were here." I comment looking at my lap.

"So what's the story? Why do you like glasses?" He asks.

I shrug. "No reason." I answer, turning seven shades of red.

"Oh no, you're telling me." He says, smiling.

"Never going to happen." I shake my head adamantly.

"You said 'he', who's your best friend?" He asks.

"His name is Chris. He's my neighbor from back in New York."

"Just a friend?"

"Yep. I have the wrong equipment for him....He's gay."

We pull into a parking lot and Maddox parks the car. Unbuckling my seat belt, I wait for Maddox to open my door because I know he wants me to. My hand in his, we make our way to the entrance of the restaurant.

The hostess stares at Maddox as he gives her his name. Finally, she looks down to find our reservation and leads us to our table. Maddox pulls my chair out and I sit, looking around at the restaurant decor. The restaurant is modern and looks expensive; I hope he's not taking me here to impress me. He doesn't need to spend this kind of money on me; I like him regardless.

After Maddox sits I smile at him. "Thank you for bringing me here but you didn't have to take me somewhere so expensive." I state, still looking at my surroundings. "I already like you so there's no need to impress me." I smile at him but he doesn't respond he just shakes his head.

"What can I get you to drink tonight?" The waiter asks looking at my chest. I look down at the menu to hide my embarrassment.

"Just a water please." I answer.

"Same." Maddox says burning holes into the man's head.

The waiter walks away to get our drinks. "Do you come here a lot?" I ask.

"No, I've only been here a couple of times." He replies.

The waiter comes back with our waters and takes our orders. I decide on a chicken dish and Maddox chooses steak.