𝟏. introducing ashley

three girls walk into luke's diner, two blondes and a brunette. the first blonde is ashley adams, our protagonist. the second is her best friend, emma cameron and the brunette is rory gilmore.

"freezing." rory shivered.

"baltic." emma agreed.

"chilly." ashley added, confusedly, there were only so many synonyms for cold a girl could use.

"what do you need, hot tea? coffee?" rory's mother, lorelai, asked. ashley and emma loved lorelai, and lorelai loved them. lorelai was like a second mother to the girls, especially ashley - who's mother could only be described as the 'amigos' to lorelai's 'friends' (except if dotty devlin could speak any spanish outside of te quiero, te deseo or follame, ashley would probably have more respect for her).

"lip gloss." rory responded.

"screw the lip gloss, i need a new lip." emma joked, her lip was bleeding intensely.

"well don't bite your lip then." ashley teased.

"oh, wow, i haven't tried that." emma rolled her eyes, "very insightful, ash."

"here. cocoa, strawberry, vanilla or toasted marshmallow?" lorelai produced many lip glosses out of her for rory's lip gloss needs.

"you've got to go back on sugar." rory chided, "anything in there not resembling a cereal?"

"boring, but yes." lorelai responded, pulling out a large makeup bag.

"god, rupaul doesn't use that much makeup." rory teased.

"christ, emma doesn't even use that much makeup." ashley joked.

"oh shut up." emma laughed, pushing the other blonde causing her to fall off her chair.

"what the hell?" ashley gasped.

"you're crabby." lorelai stated, to rory.

"sorry. i lost my macy gray cd and i need caffeine." rory complained.

"ah, well, i have your cd." lorelai revealed.

"thief." rory exclaimed.

"here." lorelai said, giving back the cd, "and i'll get you some coffee."

"i'll come with." ashley stood up.

"it's not for me, it's for rory. i swear." lorelai defended as she reached the counter, noticing luke's judgy look.

"you're shameless." he chastised.

"no it is." ashley backed up, "and also us."

"hey, officer krupke, look. over there at that table." lorelai began, before shaking her head, "he's got quite a pair, this guy."

"yeah, i've never been through here before." the guy told rory and emma, the latter smiling along mindlessly.

"oh, you have too." lorelai spoke, startling the man.