If her family had given a police complaint, he had hired an investigator to look into the case. Neither of them had given any news about Khushi Kumari Gupta.

"Yeah, Jeff? Any improvements?" he asked, his heart thudding in anticipation, hoping it'd be positive this time.

"No, ASR. I'm sorry I'm not able to get anything. I'm keeping a constant eye on her family's movements as well, but none of them gave any clue," Jeff was frustrated as well. He was well known to be completing his cases in less than two months but here it's been three and half months and he doesn't have a single clue.

"They're not her family, Jeff! How many times should I remind you?" he grits his teeth in anger.

He knows Khushi was not a Gupta, and neither Payal is Khushi's elder sister.

Payal is just 25 years old for god sake and Khushi, the Khushi he knows is a 32-year-old woman.

She is a mystery!

Every time he met her, she left him hanging in the air. Every time he tried to indulge himself in solving the mystery around her, she walked away, misunderstanding his intentions. As always!

"I'm sorry, ASR," he apologizes. He is habituated with her name on his records as Khushi Kumari Gupta, the surname belonging to the Guptas had really made him forget sometimes that her surname isn't Kumari Gupta.

"Whatever, just speed up your investigation. In the next few days, I want results. Rest assured you're fired otherwise," he warns and without even waiting for any reply, he cuts the call muttering curses.

"Where are you, Dammit? Why do you always walk away from me?" he sighed accelerating the speed and crossing the speed limit as he arrives at AR.

It was 8:30 as he reached his office. He had to work hard for Fashion Gala and so he's here, in the office, wanting to personally look into the presentation and designs being sampled.

London,

While someone was busy cursing and clutching his hair investigating her, Khushi Kathie Gomez was cozily sleeping in her queen-sized bed, it was 3 in midnight and anyone would obviously sleep and so is Khushi, completely unaware she was the reason behind someone's sleepless night.

That was until her pager beeped, and Khushi being a doctor was a light sleeper and woke up, grabbing her pager.

"Dr. Khushi, it's an Emergency " and the pager continued to deliver a voice message about the details of the case.

Khushi doesn't wait for a second and rushes to the hospital changing into her casuals within minutes.

Shantivan,

"Why doesn't he listen to me? Lavanya is such a good girl, both traditional and modern, valuing our culture. Why doesn't he marry her? I don't understand him and the anger on the tip of his nose," Devyani mutters sitting on the sofa, sad that her grandson isn't listening to her.

How would he listen if she never tried to understand him? Unfortunately, they are yet to understand him.

"Nani, don't worry. I'll talk to Chotte once he comes back," she comforts her. Her brother will listen to anything she says except for a few things, and that also included the topic of his marriage with Lavanya Kashyap — a best friend to her who loves Arnav to the core.

Only if he can see that!

"Ma, if he doesn't want to marry Lavanya Bitiya. Let him not, Ma. Didn't we see what happened with Ratna?" Manohar who was silent during the fight opens his mouth to defend his nephew, remembering his sister and her fate.