"And that is why she and I are gonna be the best cousin duo," Adalynn said as she scratched Oreo behind the ears. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "I miss you."

"I miss you too," Quinn said, pulling her knees to her chest. "I can't make any promises, but I'll try to visit soon. As soon as I get a break in classes I'll be on the first train to Lima."

"Not to New York to visit your bestie Rachel?" Adalynn asked in a teasing tone.

"You're more important to me than her, don't worry," Quinn said with a smile. She looked over at the clock on her bedside table, cursing under her breath when she saw the time. "Addie, I'm so sorry, but it's getting late, and I need to study for this huge exam tomorrow."

Adalynn frowned as she looked at the time on her phone. It was only 5:30.

She's making excuses.

Adalynn, you can't think like that.

"I'll call you if I get a break."

"Okay," Adalynn mumbled, biting her lip.

"I love you, and I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"I love you too."

Adalynn sighed as the call ended. She tossed her phone down on the bed next to her, and Oreo rolled over onto his back, smiling goofily at her. She smiled softly and rubbed his tummy, a bad feeling growing in the pit of her stomach.

****

"Brittany, what in heterosexual hell are you wearing?" Adalynn asked as she sat down next to the blonde, who handed her an oreo.

"Coach Sylvester kicked me off the Cheerios," Brittany mumbled.

"Why?" the brunette asked as she pulled Ava onto her lap.

"Because I'm stupid," the older girl frowned.

"Britt, you're not stupid," Bailey said as she put a comforting hand on her sister's back.

"Great news, guys!" Julian announced as he came into the choir room with Maya in his arms. "Our ol' pal Figgins asked the Newd Erections to perform at the annual back to school pep rally this week."

"Julian, I thought we agreed that you wouldn't make fun of the club name," Mr. Schue sighed.

"You're the one who named it," Julian scoffed as Maya giggled. "You should've known it sounded like that."

Bailey chuckled as the 20 year old continued to argue with the curly haired man, and she exchanged a look with Tina beside her. Ava reached for the package of oreos in Brittany's lap, and the blonde lifted it up over her head so she couldn't reach it.

"Bri, I want teat," Ava pouted.

"No, my oreos," Brittany said as she took a bite of the sandwich cookie.

"Ada, Bri mean," the younger twin whined as she hid her face in Adalynn's chest.

"Julian, take a seat," Mr. Schue said, getting frustrated with the young adult.

Julian rolled his eyes as he sat down in the empty seat next to Adalynn, who mouthed 'fucking idiot' with a teasing smile.

"I understand our national champion street cred has dropped since school started, but this pep rally is our chance to really wow them and get it back," said Mr. Schue.

"What are we gonna perform?" Jori asked.

"Good question. We're a family in here, and when one of us is falling down, it's up to us to get together to pick them back up."