The Stranger Called "Harry"

Beep Beep... Beep Beep...

I slowly opened my eyes at the sound of the unknown beeping. I didn't know where that sound was coming from. I haven't heard it before in my life. I looked in the direction of the sound and saw my phone was lit up. I frowned and picked it up.

Piu Piu: "Matching success! Ready to commence chat!"

My eyes widen when a chat screen appeared before my eyes and a name that was unknown to me appeared. I didn't know what to write. I had just woken up and my brain was still half asleep.

Piu Piu:"Don't be shy, here I'll start the introduction for you two! Harry this is Liana. Liana this is Harry!"

I waited for him to say something first but a minute passed and there was no reply.

Piu Piu: "Harry is a little shy. So why don't you start first Liana?"

Being put on the spot made my heart skip a beat.

What should I write?...

Me: "Hello Harry, It's nice to meet you."

I hold back my breath waiting to see how he would reply. But there was still no reply.

Piu Piu: "Harry don't be rude! Or I'll have to shock you!"

Harry: "Hello."

Piu piu: "What is Liana supposed to say to that?"

Me: "It's okay, Piu Piu. You don't need to force him if he doesn't want to."

Harry: "Did it also make you download this app as well?"

Me: "Actually It downloaded by itself without my permission."

Harry: "Isn't that against the rules?"

Piu Piu: "Enough idle chatter, right now the most important thing is for you two to get to know each other better."

Harry: "Not interested."

Piu Piu: "It won't hurt to try the app some more. Maybe by the end, you'll learn something valuable and you'll end up thanking me for it!"

Harry: "Still not interested."

After a while, there were no more replies from Harry. I wondered if I did something wrong.

Piu Piu:"Harry went back to running... Don't take it personally Liana, he is always like that. He doesn't care much about anything that surrounds him."

Me: "I see... In that case, I should start getting ready to go out. Bye Piu Piu."

And with that, I closed the app. Well... I haven't met someone like Harry in my life. Sure I have met rude cold-hearted people like him but they at least tried to be friendly even if they gave away a fake smile.

At least he doesn't pretend to be someone that he isn't...

I smiled and put my phone to the side. There was an important event coming up that needed my attention. It was some rich people celebrating something so they wanted to throw a huge fancy party for it.

I didn't really care much for the small details, I just had to supervise the party whenever that day arrived. My job was just to make sure that everything is running smoothly. For not doing much other than supervising I got paid pretty well.

I still remember when I was introduced to this job. It was all thanks to my friend. She had to move away from here when she got married so she introduced me to her manager. Once the manager saw I was a good fit for the job and with my friend's positive feedback. I was given the job without a second thought.

It didn't affect my daily life at all, in fact, I had the freedom to do whatever I wanted except for certain days. But for now, I just wanted to take a small walk around the park. I say walk but what I really liked doing was staring at the lake that was in the middle of it and seen the ducks swim by.

No more dilly-dallying its time to get ready.

I got changed and made sure to grab my bag, I was about to head out the door when I heard a beeping sound. I walked towards to the direction of the noise just to see that it was coming out from my phone. Picking it up I saw a message on the screen.

Piu Piu:"Don't forget your phone, Liana!"

"Thanks Piu Piu." And I put my phone inside my bag and made my way to the park.