Chapter 28- Territorial

Start from the beginning

I haven't seen or talked to my grandma since I was 10 years old. I always asked my dad to take me to see her but he told me he wants nothing to do with her and I always tried to asked him why but he never wanted to tell me so I just let it be.

But daddy never mentioned before that he has any brother or sister.

This must have been a mistake.

"Anyway. I called you here to talk to you both about the engagement." Bishop Rains said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Engagement?" I asked.

"Yes-"

"But, I thought the contract was the engagement." I said and he chuckled.

"No, but it is also apart of the contract. Both go hand in hand. The engagement has to be done soon before the signing of the contract and must be done two weeks before any further legal actions." He said sternly.

"But- Why marry so soon? We hardly even know each other." I scoffed before he glared at me and I averted my eyes.

"You have no choice dear. It has to be done soon. You'll be 18 soon right?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Right. When?"

"In April."

"See. Next month. That's like next week. We don't have much time le-"

"Dad?" Ryan interrupts.

"Yes, son?"

"I will wait, as long as she wants. I will propose to her whenever she is ready." He spoke as he stared at me and I slowly looked down into my lap as I fidgeted with my fingers.

"Mm. I don't think that will work son. The dates are already set on the contra-"

"I will deal with that soon." Ryan cuts him off.

"Ryan, you are a freshly Contract Lawyer who works for a law firm. How will that happened?"

"Which means, I can pull strings. Look, she is right father. We hardly know each other. If that's what makes her happy, then I will take it slow with her, take her on dates and stuff, so we can get to know eachother thoroughly."

"Son-"

"It will work father, trust me." He said sternly to him.

"Alright. But we don't have much time, remember that." Bishop Rains said sternly.

"I know. She will be ready by then." Ryan said while he stared at me as he smirked and I felt my phone vibrated in my hand.

Lover (Mine)❤️💦:

I opened the message and she sent me an image of her gun.

"Ahem. I-uh- have to go now. I'm gonna have a meeting with the choir members." I lied.

"But I thought you said you weren't feeling well beautiful." Ryan chimed in.

"I am- not feeling well but we will be on... zoom." I lied again as I faked a small smile.

"Okay. I see. Let me walk you to your ca-"

"No!- uh- I mean. You don't have to." I said, cutting him off.

"Okay.." He chuckled softly and I stood up.

"See you.. soon, Bishop Rains." I said as I extended my arm and he shook my hand.

"It was nice talking to you my dear. We will meet again soon. Take care."