Secret Santa Surprise ~ Sapnap (DTEAM)

Start from the beginning

"Can't I just be optimistic?"

You looked up him. You were confused, Not understanding whether he was being serious or just joking around with you again. Sometimes it was hard to tell If he was being serious or joking.

"When are you ever optimistic?"

"All the time!"

You started another one of your so-called fights. You tease each other all the time, but you only had a few hardcore fights that you could remember. Most of the fights were about the future, about who wanted what and where this was going. You did have one fight over a tin of canned spaghetti once, You try not to talk about it.

"I better not be getting that present. It's wrapped ugly blah blah bl-"

"Cut it out you two"

George called out from the kitchen once again, shutting you guys up before it went any further.

"What a Grinch"

Settling yourself back into his arms as you rested your head on his shoulder, looking at the four presents under the tree. The terribly wrapped one, which you already knew was from dream to whichever  unlucky bastard got it. There was little white bag, You already knew sapnap got that one, and two other neatly wrapped gifts that you knew were from you and George.

"You know what? I'll take you up on it, it'll be a good Christmas"

He smiled, feeling more optimistic about the night ahead of him.

"As long as you're not my secret Santa.."

Now he felt slightly less optimistic, Not taking the bait at your teasing game this time and instead giving up and pulling you into a hug.

"I love you"

"Hmm, I love you too"

With your face being smushed into his chest you couldn't really say much else as a response, already knowing that he loved you and that you loved him. As far as you were aware, there wasn't much more to it than that. But he was far more aware.

"No like I really lo- oh my god.. what are you wearing?!"

The attempted loving speech cut off as Dream walked into the room wearing what could best be described is the ugliest Christmas sweater that it ever been made in the history of the universe.

"HEY! My grandma made it"

Even the love of a grandma could not make that sweater less ugly.

"I thought your grandma died?"

"GOD SAPNAP"

You immediately hit him on his shoulder, Just hard enough to let him know that he should not have said that. He usually just let things slip without thinking, they were never really harmful and more often then not, They were quite funny. You loved that about him, The way he was so unintentionally funny even when he shouldn't be...

"I have another grandma!"

"Sorry.."

Sapnap immediately going red after realising what he had said. Dream couldn't care less, he knew full well that the sweater was ugly and he was going to wear it with pride.

You turn your attention back to Sapnap, who was burying his head in his hands.  Reassuring him with your own joke of what he said before, about ruining Christmas spirit.

"You've ruined his Christmas spirit"

Pulling his face out of his hands to smile at you, loving how easily you got him to feel calm again.