Friends with a certain benefit (1)

Start from the beginning

The doctor applied the cold, slimy gelee on my abdomen and moved the sensor while her eyes was occupied with the monitor, which I couldn't see, unfortunaly.

After a few minutes she sort of smiled.

,,Whats's wrong? What do I have?" I nervously asked.

She just smiled and looked at me. ,,You have a gravidity."

,,A what?"

The doctor laughed. ,,That's the specialist term for pregnancy. You're pregnant, Ms. Coleman, Congratulations."

My mouth suddenly felt really dry and my mind began to spin.

,,No.. no I'm not.. that's.. I can't be.. I.." I stuttered and nervously laughed, but the doctor just turned the monitor so I could look on it too.

I swallowed and I felt dizzy. On the screen was a small but pretty obvious.. fetus. If I looked closely I could see the little heart that pouting.

Shit.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

My vision became blurry as I looked down to my stomach.

I was pregnant. There was a actual living, small human inside me.

Holy shit.

Tom.

Tom and me created a human being.

Shit.

A single tear escaped my eye but I quickly wiped it away.

,,So far everything looks very good with your baby, you're almost 10 weeks along." My doctor interrupted my spinning thoughts.

I looked up to her and nodded, still not believing what just happened.

,,Is everything ok?" she asked and put one hand on my shoulder.

I tried to smile, but failed. ,,I.. uhm.. It's just.. it wasn't planned .. it's a lot right now.." I stammered, my voice sounded husky and weak.

She gave me a smile. ,,I know, It's overwhelming at first, but I'm sure everything will be alright."

I swallowed again. 

I would become a mum.

Holy shit.

I ran my hands over my face and through my hair.

Shit.

That all couldn't be true.
But now everything made sense.

How could I be so blind?

I remembered forgetting to take the pill a few times.
How could I be so irresponsible?
Tom had always relied on me.

How could I be so careless?

I felt so dizzy when the doctor gave me a small booklet. My maternity passport.

This was all happening so fast. I stared at the ultrasound picture an swallowed.

,,Are you okay, Ms. Coleman? Should I call someone for you?" the doctor asked worringly.

I shook my head. ,,N-no.. I'm alright..."

I slowly got up and grabbed my bag. ,,Thanks you, Dr. Wallant." I mumbled and faked a smile.

,,No problem. Congratulations again, you can make the next appointment at the counter. I'd like to see you every 2 weeks."