032. students back at hogwarts

Start from the beginning

"first, I am pleased to welcome professor r.j. lupin, who's kindly consented to fill the post of defense against the dark arts teacher. good luck professor." dumbledore introduced, the man standing up and giving a slight bow, everyone giving applause.

weirdly enough, the man was beside roslyns dad, also the man who so desperately wanted r.j lupin jobs. he didn't seem to pleased either, he gave lupin a weak applause to which roslyn thought was petty. however roslyn just hoped that this teacher was better than the last two.

"of course. that's why he knew to give you chocolate harry." hermione said, leaning over the table so the boy could hear her over the applause.

however the noise of a bleach blonde cowards mouth started speaking and roslyn just wished her eardrums could erupt as he spoke "potter. potter!"

"is it true you fainted?" draco taunted, one of his friends mocking a faint "I mean, you actually fainted?"

ron grabbed harry shouldler, turning the boy away while speaking "shove off malfoy."

they could hear the pathetic giggles of the boys who thought it was funny but really was just stupid. though boys like that's humor was far from good. roslyn looked over the boys shoulder and flipped the blonde boy off, he seemed to scowl at it.

"how did he find out?" harry asked, looking towards the two girls, mostly roslyn. hermione yet again leaned forward "just forget it."

roslyn nodded, agreeing with the smart brunette girl "yeah, dracos just a jackass."

harry smiled gently at the girl before the groups attention was dragged towards the old man's talking. weirdly he seemed different this year, he was more talkative and open, he seemed more loud and outgoing. though it wasn't a bad thing.

"our care of magical creatures teacher has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs." dumbledore said, trying to get a laugh from the crowd though no one did.

"fortunately, I'm delighted to announce, that his place will be taken by none other then our own rubeus hagrid!" dumbledore introduced, pointing towards the man who seemed rather lost. minerva told the man to stand, however as he did he knocked a load of plates and cups.

the applause went crazy, the golden four all shouting out cheers at the friendly half giant, trying to show support for the man who seemed really quite nervous.

of course, mcgonagall also told him to sit back down and you could clearly see she told him he did well, trying to be a good allie to the man.

"finally, on a more disquieting note, at the request of the ministry of magic, hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of azkaban, until such time sirius black is captured." dumbledore explained, the golden four all glancing at each other "the dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. now whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities, a word for caution."

"dementors are vicious creatures. they'll not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way." dumbledore spoke out, his voice lower than before "therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. it is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving."

dumbledores voice lightened up "but you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest if times, but if one only remembers to turn on the light."

roslyn gazed to harry, his focus still being the man up at the podium. but she looked and him and saw light. a light that she knew could never burn out completely no matter what. she looked at him and she saw her cause of happiness.

──

roslyn got to her dorm room a bit late as she walked to the gryffindor common room with harry, ron and hermione before disappearing to the dungeons where the slytherin common room lied. unfortunately, she could not sleep there as there was no room for her but she knows that during the day or at weekends, she'd be welcomed.

the queen bees of her dorm, pansy, daphne and millicent. funnily enough they all called themselves pureblooded though millicent was cutting the edge. both her mother and father were witches and wizards however her mother was a muggle-born with the rest of millicents aunts and uncles, they all were witches and wizards from a muggy family.

tracy davis was the most bareable as she was quite shy. she never really spoke yet she was accepted by everybody even though she was a half-blood and was certainly not afraid to admit it when asked. the girls in the dorm would occasionally talk of it and tease her yet the girl would rather ignore them then retaliate.

she was quite a pretty girl to be fair, she had dark skin, dark eyes and dark hair. her skin was smooth and her teeth were as white as fresh snow. to be fair, there was a lot to love about her as she wasn't snotty and had a personality that wasn't half bad for a slytherin, though she was quite a pushover when it came to pansy parkinson or draco malfoys threats about his father.

tracy and roslyn got off on the wrong foot in the first year however they have grown to realize they are slightly more similar than they think and they should at least be civil in a room full of stuck up slytherin girls.

roslyn smiled at tracy, whose bed was next to hers, when she came in. of course helpers round the castle had already brung up her trunk and bags as well as her cat. nyx was for some reason already out of her cage and laying on her bed.

"I let her out, she kept scratching the cage." tracy admitted sweetly as roslyn came over and sat on her bed and stoked nyx who purred.

"thanks." roslyn gave a smile at the girl who smiled back. roslyn looked back at nyx and scratched her head before looking at all the girls. only pansy was missing but she could only imagine it was because she was sucking up to draco malfoy. she was more than obsessed with him.

"is anyone in the changing room?" roslyn asked tracy who looked away from reading. she was the only other slytherin girl that she knew of who really enjoyed reading proper books and not magazines though roslyn should not be one to judge.

tracy thought for a split second and then shook her head "no, everyones here and pansy went to look for draco"

roslyn nodded but also rolled her eyes, mumbling "why am I not surprised?"

jay speaks ༄can I just say I can't wait to write year 6 bc some reason that movie was not serious at all until dumbledore showed harry about the horcruxs then died

jay speaks
can I just say I can't wait to write year 6 bc some reason that movie was not serious at all until dumbledore showed harry about the horcruxs then died

also I'll probably try and write ron more like how book ron is, I haven't read the books yet but i do know he ends up defending hermione against snape so I'll try and improve that bc they did ron so dirty in the movies so I'll try make him seem more intelligent and brave and stuff - if you can, gimmie advice on how to do that please <3