"Oh, you'd be surprised. They hate freaks,"

Bonnie clutched his chin between her fingertips. "You are not a freak, okay? You're the same as me and I've never met anyone with a heart like yours. It's just like mine and I hope you know I'm always going to be here for you,"

He smiled down at her and pulled her even closer, pressing his forehead against hers. "I think I love you, and not just because you let me have sex with you," she giggled against his lips. "I don't know what I'm going to do without you,"

"Well, hopefully you'll never have to find out,"

Not wanting to think about what his coven was planning for him, Bonnie landed a lingering kiss on Kai's lips as her hands traveled down his chest and interlocked with his. Seventeen years old and in love with someone who finally understood her, and not just because he was a fellow siphon, which was rare amongst witches, she never wanted what she had with Kai to end. In just three short weeks she knew she'd risk it all when it came to him.

"We should channel nature," He said when they took a breath.

"Maybe air since it's getting hot,"

"No, I mean human nature,"

She realized he was being suggestive again as her cheeks reddened. His hands moved down her hips and squeezed. "It's not like anyone is going to see us," Bonnie acquiesced since they were cloaked from anyone's eyes or ears. They could make love out in the open and not risk either of their covens finding them.

She unzipped his hoodie and noticed there were blood stains on his school mascot tee when she pulled it off his shoulders. "What's this? What happened?"

"Oh that's Joey's blood. He had a bloody nose, dripped all over me,"

"Did you help him?"

"Of course, got all that blood cleaned up too. He's fine, babe, why are you still wearing pants?"

Kai could be an animal when he was lusting, she realized weeks ago once she breached intimacy with him. His touch was primal and intuitive, making him feel closer to her heart. She couldn't do it if love wasn't involved.

He lifted her shirt over her shoulders but Bonnie hesitated. Something didn't feel quite right. There was a lot of blood on his shirt, she realized as he removed it. "You promise he's okay?"

"Babe, he's okay. The whole family is, I made sure to take good care of them before I came out here. Now kiss me,"

She finally gave in as he met her lips, guiding her to the floor. Magic swirled as the heat they generated picked up. "Kai," she whispered breathlessly as she held him close while the passion overwhelmed her. "Don't ever leave me,"

~Oct 1, 2014~

New Orleans

Though, Elijah, Nik, and Freya were present, most of the werewolves pounced on Kol, no doubt since they thought him weak for lacking the strength and speed the rest of the Original's had. It was to their own detriment that they underestimated him. He wasn't as efficient as his siblings but he was certainly effective. He channeled the life force of Finn and Henrik in the amulet around his neck and used the power to send violent, electric jolts to the wolves holding him down. The wolf laying into him with his fists received his own jolt and was blasted backwards.

"Jackson!" Hayley cried as she lunged forward. Kol didn't want to punch a woman, especially a heavily pregnant one, but he feared she'd leave him no choice. He locked eyes with Freya, who used her own magic to spin her around and slam her against the wall.