Chapter 9 - A Small Visit to a Huge Set Lot

Start from the beginning

Her big blue eyes lighted with interest, and I had to let out a chuckle. My mind went back to that wonderful moment. "He took my arm to keep me from walking away, and since he was sitting, we were at eye-level. He begged me to tell him why I was really on the set, and..." My gaze floated to the poster again dreamily. "He got closer and closer and... his lips touched mine before I could answer."

"Aww! How romantic! And under the stars!"

"Not necessarily. It was dusk, so no stars were out."

"Ooo, low lighting is even better! So? Is he a good kisser?"

I giggled. "Yeah, he is. He moved his lips on mine for a little while, and I moved mine, too, but then... I broke away and ran away. The feelings those lips, though... it was heavenly."

"Wait a minute, what?" Donna demanded, disregarding my dreamy expression. "You were kissed by the sexiest man in America, and you ran away? Are you out of your mind?!"

"I was scared. You know what the papers are saying. Even Elvis's manager told him not to associate with me anymore because of it."

"And he totally disobeyed because of his feelings for you. But seriously, Shannon, Elvis Presley kissed you, and you ran away. No one was around and it was getting dark... you two could've gone into a passionate kissing session. No body would've known."

The thought of that happening with him sent pleasurable tingles through my little body. "I just don't want either of us to get into trouble. They called him a pedophile because of me. The same thing happened with Brandon, and he cheated on me since he didn't want people to call him that."

"Excuses, excuses. Elvis is nuts about you, Shannon. You have to do something about that."

My telephone started ringing, and I answered it. I listened for a moment. "Oh, hello, Hal." I listened, and my mouth turned into an O. "You want me to be a reoccurring extra? Really?" Donna's eyes widened and mouth dropped open as I listened to Hal. "Well, I run the vet five days a week. I don't know if I will be able to be on the set all the time." Donna gave me another "are you crazy?" look. "Okay, well... just let me know when I would be needed if it's not going to be often. I'm just curious, though... who would I be playing?" He told me. "Oh... well..." He spoke again. "Okay. No, I can be at a meeting tomorrow at ten if it's not going to take long. Okay. Thank you. Goodbye."

I hung up the phone, and the second I did, Donna exclaimed, "Holy moly, you're going to be a reoccurring extra on the Roustabout set? Well, I guess that answers the question of what you're going to do about this situation with Elvis."

"But Hal said I would mostly be playing a child since the small woman attraction would only be seen in one scene, and they already shot that one. That was the first thing I was in. I could play an adult, though, as long as I'm sitting in a crowd and am sitting on something to make me seem taller."

"That's good, though, isn't it? This is a huge opportunity for you." She read my expression. "You don't want Elvis to be upset again."

"I don't want either of us to be slandered further," I corrected. "The producer said I could come in for a little meeting tomorrow with John Rich, the director, and discuss it. If I don't like the proposition, I won't take it."

"It already seems like you're not thrilled about it since you didn't like playing a child."

"But this could do good things for me and my clinic."

She folded her arms. "Those are just more excuses. You're conflicted about this because you want more than anything to see Elvis again and kiss him, yet you don't want things to get worse concerning the reputation you two have."