𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍.

.. comprehension ..

 comprehension

KENJIS POV

I heard the familiar ring of my alarm clock, as I woke up from a long sleep. Oh god. School today. I wish I can stay home more.. I have nothing to look forward to anyway, and Elias has too much thing to do anyway. Elias is my boyfriend, we've been a thing since like what? A year. That's right. I didn't realize what was going to happen to me today, but what it was, I still don't have a idea. I heard a familiar voice downstairs.

"Kenji! You idiot, come downstairs already. Mom already made breakfast."

That's my younger sister. She's a year younger than me. She's Ame. She's actually named after our late grandma, isn't that interesting? Aha. I wish that wasn't the last time I actually saw her. She's still alive, I mean. I'm getting off track though.

"Coming, Coming. I'll be down in a few" I yelled.

I put on a t shirt, some sweat pants, and a coat on. I can't forget my glasses either. The last time I did that wasn't fun at all. You probably guess it. You cant see. Its pretty obvious. I headed to the bathroom. When are these dark circles going to go away? I though as I filled my cup with water. I brushed my teeth, washed my face. I opened the door, And headed for the stairs. I could smell the fresh scent of food downstairs. Mom's cooking was always the best. I reached the end of the stairs to see my plate there on our dining table.

"Kenji! Ame already left for school, you should get going too." My mother said, over the noise of her music.

She always likes to play her music when she's cooking. I remember once, fathers family came over while she was playing the music. They got freaked out pretty badly. I grew up listening to it, so I didn't realize, but it was a natural response to what others would count as "horror music". I would find out how scary this was, pretty soon. I sat down at my chair, looking down at my food. Oh come on, mom. I thought as I looked down to see a smiley face made out of my breakfast. Childish, but I gulped it down in no time.

"Leaving now, mom. See you after school!" I said, heading for the door.

She waved to me as I headed out the door. Alright. I started walking past several houses when I saw Elias.

"Elias! Over here!" I said, waving as I ran towards where he was.

"Oh. Hey there my babygirl." He said when he saw me.

"Elias! Don't call me that. You know I hate it when you call me that." I said, annoyed as he patted my head.

Elias gets annoying sometimes. He gives me stupid nicknames that are really ridiculous sometimes. I've tried giving him one, but he doesn't even mind it! It just makes us look more cheesy than we actually are. Basically the whole school knows we're dating, to make it worse.

"You okay? Seems like you've been thinking about something really deeply." Elias asked, looking at me.

"Everything's fine. Don't worry." I mumbled to him, still mad at the nickname.

"I'm sorry. It's just so funny to see you flustered like that." Elias said, casually.

This is what I mean by annoying. He likes to make our relationship really public. I get flustered easily, so he's not that wrong.

"Enough of that, we're here already." I said to him.

"Oh god. Yeah! We have the same classes anyway, so we don't have to split up." Elias said to me, smiling.

"Yeah yeah. Lets just go." I said to him.

We got into the classroom in time, and we sat down. I sat on his left, and he sat on my right. I took out my notebook and pencil case. Elias was looking at me while I was doing this.

"Listen, I'm sorry. Okay?" Elias said, looking at me.

"Its fine, don't worry. I'm just not having the best day." I said, although that was kind of a lie.

The teacher came in, and before I knew it, twenty minutes had passed by.

TWENTY MINUTES LATER

I remember this moment to the point where its engraved into my mind. First, was the lights. I would remember the teacher go:

"Everyone, don't panic. The lights should be on in a bit."

Ten minutes passed by, and I hung out with Elias in the dark. I heard the sound of a click. The lights were back on. I was laying on Elias's lap, so when I got up, I was face with something horrible.

I looked around. Oddly, everyone was a pitch black figure. No face, just a black figure of who the used to be. I looked at Elias. He was the only one I could see. The look on his face was.. Horrible. He looked at me as I looked at him.

"...Are you seeing this..?" I whispered to him, my voice shaking.

"...Yes." He said, only looking at me.

The teacher was still talking, so I built up the courage to do it.

"I'm sorry Mr. ________, me and Elias have to go to the infirmary. I think we both have a headache." I said.

No answer. I was petrified. Everyone turned to look at us as Elias jumped up and dragged me out just before they all lunged at us. We managed to make it out, jamming the door behind us. Now what? We didn't know. We were still in such a state of shock we couldn't muster anything to say to each other. We were... Hopeless. What we saw wasn't pretty. I managed to look at one of the windows that saw into the whole classroom. I saw limbs on the ground, with what seemed to be black blood dripping from the ends as I saw the pitch black figures of my classmates rip each others limbs off, and proceed to start biting, chewing, and eating them, before Elias finally dragged me away from there.