Chapter 2 Gratitude

The sun was setting over the sea as the sky turned to a beautiful shade of orange. The day is nearly over, soon night will fall over the island. You were relaxing on the couch again. It was your 'me spot' for most of the day. Looking around the room, the rest of your classmates were all tired after a full day of work.

"So exhausting." Sato leaned back into his chair. He spent most of the day at the beach, looking out for the people there. Now that wasn't exactly easy in a hero costume.

"Hey." Hanta put up his hand. "How about fewer small jobs?"

Ida lifted his pen and looked over the couch. "No can do! All jobs are equally vital."

Momo stood up from her seat. "It may be true that we came here as heroes, but remember we're still just students. We have to work hard and prove ourselves to earn the islanders trust."

Mineta puts his hand up. "Hey, so does that apply to everyone because I know someone who hasn't done anything since we got here." He smugs and points at Bakugo.

"Well someone's gotta stay behind and watch the office you moron." He sticks his hand out and thumbs down. "What are you gonna do if a villain shows up and all of you jerks are out doing stupid crap, huh?!"

Kirishima opened one eye whilst his head was on the table. "Oh come on, there aren't any villains on this island."

That was true. The island has a population around 5000 or so. There were barely any problems with bad people. In recent years, it was only thugs and criminals. Nothing too serious like a large scale attack or anything.

You looked up on the ceiling, thinking about something you just forgot when you heard the front door open. You saw a group of people enter the building with food...a lot of food.

"Sorry for barging in like this."

"Mr Mayor!" Ida exclaimed.

"It was so nice for you to carry granny to the hospital earlier. Thank you."

"And thanks for fixing that old bike of mine."

"And for powering up my battery."

"Thanks for keeping the beach safe too!"

"Here's some fresh fish!"

They all put the food on the table, almost filling up all the space on it.

"Just a little of something to show how graceful we are that you're helping us."

The whole class leaps into the air. "ALL RIGHT! LETS DIG IN!"

"We're heroes, people!" Ida called out. "Show some restraint!"