𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

"you think that's gonna make me forgive you?" maeve questioned, once again interrupting.

"i thought you said you was over it." thea mumbled.

"turns out i'm not." maeve shot back.

"i'm sorry. i am sorry, maeve." thea apologized, practically pleading for maeve to forgive her.

maeve heard the desperation in thea's voice, which is something that she's never heard in thea. theodora milburn was never desperate. she never begged for anything and had never showed her vulnerable side to anyone that wasn't eric or otis. maeve turned to look at thea, seeing how badly this was bothering the milburn girl. she opened her mouth to say something, but the sound of a door opening quickly caught their attention.

"maeve. you're first." mr.groff said, obviously angered by whatever reason. he probably found out about the sex clinic the three of them were doing.

maeve didn't say another word, grabbing her bag from between her legs and standing up. thea let out a defeated sigh, watching maeve go into mr.groff's office before the door closed.

"at least you apologized." otis mumbled. "now, she knows that you're actually sorry."

"yeah." thea nodded, leaning her head back onto the wall.

the twins fell into silence after that, both of them looking around the small room. mr.groff's secretary was sitting at her desk, typing away at her computer. what does a secretary even do? thea always wondered that, but never had the mindset to find out. she continued to look around, her eyes quickly landing on the trophy for the essay competition sitting on a little table by the door. she sighed, hating the fact that adam's name was on it and not maeve's. she quickly pulled away from the trophy when the door had opened, maeve walking right past her with mr.groff exiting his office.

"milburn." mr.groff called, pointing at otis. the boy in question stood up and walked over to him. thea watched as mr.groff whispered something to her brother, but she couldn't exactly hear it. "other milburn. i know your past. don't let her lead you to that path again. now, the both of you get to class."

"what's that supposed to mean?" thea asked, eyebrows furrowed. otis was quick to grab her arm, dragging her out the office and into the hall. "wait here. i gotta go talk to her."

"thea -" otis tried.

"please, oats. i'll come find you after." thea told him, earning and from the boy. with that, she ran down the hall, looking for a certain pink haired girl. when she did find her, she slowed down, panting quietly. "what happened back there?"

maeve turned to look at her before she turned back. "you're not in any trouble. i sorted it."

"that - that doesn't answer my question, maeve." thea pointed out, looking at maeve with raised eyebrows. "are we - are we not gonna talk about this? is that it?"

"i trusted you, thea." maeve told her before she turned down another hall.

"maeve -" thea tried, but she was already gone.

◂ ※ ⍣⃝ ※ ▸

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌, 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 her guitar. her guitar was connected to the amp and so was her headphones so she wouldn't have to hear the arguing happening between otis and jean. she also wanted to drown out her thoughts about maeve. the pink haired girl actually hated her, and there was nothing she can do about it. but then, her mind went back to the trophy that was in the main office. mr.groff had to know that his son didn't write that paper. and even if he didn't know, adam still didn't deserve that trophy. maeve did. she was pulled out of her thoughts when her headphones were pulled from around her ears.