Laser Tag

You, C/N, and a group of your friends walk over to laser tag after finishing a bowling match. Everyone is sweaty and hot, but not in the same way C/N is hot. They are way too hot for your brain to even comprehend anymore.

Everyone walks into laser tag together. They all grab random guns and vests while C/N and you try to get on the same team. The laser tag supervisor gives us the long, boring speech about safety before randomly giving you and your friends your colors. C/N and you are put on opposite teams. Before you are allowed in, C/N and you are getting all competitive.

"There's no way I'll lose to you," they start.

"Oh yeah? Well I'll make sure to kill you! One hundred times if I have to!" you reply, cockily.

The doors open and you both rush to different areas with your teams. Your team devises a plan to win but all you can think about is killing them. Finally, your team gets shot at and you all scatter. You travel around trying to find them.

"Must kill them," you whisper, "I must." After a while of not finding them you start to think. "Maybe I just can't see them because they're wearing dark clothes," you think.

After a while, you give up and try to kill your other friends. When one of them starts rapid firing at you, you have no other choice than to hide in a corner to catch your breath and hide. You lean against the wall and bend over, hands on your knees. You stay there, panting, until you hear footsteps approaching you. As soon as you hear these, you grab your gun, prepared to shoot whoever comes your way. They get closer and you can see a figure with their hands in the air.

"Don't shoot," they say. You recognize their voice. It's them. It's C/N. This leaves you conflicted. You can either shoot them while their vulnerable and complete your original goal or obey them and put the gun down. Going against your competitive nature, you put the gun down.

They get closer and closer to you until your faces like 6-inches apart. They pin you against the wall while smiling.

"We aren't even dating yet," you think while you feel your face turning red. You try to smile back at them but you're to flustered. Finally, they lean closer to you, faces almost touching. Then, before you can start closing your eyes to kiss them, they lean towards your ear.

"You didn't actually think I'd kiss the enemy did you?" they whisper as they mischievously grin and chuckle before shooting you and walking away.

You're left against the wall. Confused. Puzzled. Surprised. Flustered. Enraged. You think back to the agreement you made a couple weeks ago. You both said you didn't want to date yet as to not make things more complicated than they were. At the time you had just gotten out of a relationship and they had just gotten rejected by the person they liked. By how they acted made you think they might be ready to date. They were teasing you. They were going to kiss you. "This might be a sign," you think as you start to walk away.

The rest of the game you're left dumbfounded and unable to function. There were too many thoughts racing in your head. Finally, after what felt like forever, the game ended. You walked out only to be greeted by many concerned friends.

"What?" you ask, trying to grasp why they're so concerned.

"Your place," they pause as they point to a TV on the wall, "on the leaderboard." They look mortified. When you turn and look at the screen, you find out why. You were second to last. You're never even close to last. You're usually first or second. You know it's because of that one event. Now you're determined. Determined to get that kiss.

They walk out of the arena and take off their vest, hanging it up on the charging hooks. They look and you and your mind sets you on the course of your mission. You walk over to them confidently. They smile a cocky smile. Once close enough to them, you grab their collar, pulling them closer to you.

"You didn't actually think you could get away with that trick you pulled earlier did you?"you whisper in his ear before kissing him passionately.

You walk away, grab your stuff, and exit with friends asking all sorts of questions to you about what just happened. You just smile and shrug off their questions, waiting until they start following all of you again.

Finally, they catch up to you and pull you away from the group. They still look flustered and confused.

"If you want to call me later to talk about it, we can. It'll give you more time to process everything," you offer, gesturing towards the exit and where all of your friends are. They nod and you walk out of the bowling alley, all set to discuss what you are in a few hours (when they finally process everything).