She'd had a crush on him since he first arrived to Eden Hall six months ago and ever since wasn't able to get him out of her head. She wasn't close with him but knew him well enough to consider him a friend. They worked on several projects together in classes and she watched the hockey games, always saying she was supporting Charlie but actually just wanted to watch her crush play. 

He made her feel all kinds of things and there were times she was nervous around him and other times she was entirely confident. They'd shared little intimate moments of hands brushing against the other, or randomly laughing during a conversation, or even studying after school because he needed a bit of help and him staring at her more than he thought. The casual hugs is what sent her because that boy was a good hugger and girls killed for those, especially the ones they didn't expect. 

Midway down the stairs, she bumped into someone accidentally and heard a bunch of books collide with the ground. Too caught up in her head wondering what she would say, she hadn't realized other people were coming and going the same way she was. With a low gasp, she stumbled back toward the railing and gripped it tightly, looking down to see who'd been coming up.

To her surprise, it was the one person she was looking for.

Adam Banks.

Inhaling, her eyes widened without even realizing it as she simply stared at him and he looked up to her. A little confused on what she was doing exactly, Adam lowered and reached for his books and pair of skates he had, no bag for them or anything. 

She watched the entire time, pulling an arm behind her back as she gripped the hem of her shirt. Part of her wanted to lower and help, but she was too caught up staring at his hotness to even bother trying. Her hand gripped the railing tight enough that her knuckles began turning white and her chest was thumping, heart racing and she finally shook her head.

Pulling a piece of hair behind her ear, she lowered to a knee on the stairs. "I'm sorry, let me help."

"It's fine." He answered. "Thanks."

She passed him a single book since he'd had the rest. "Going skating?" 

He looked down to his skates, realizing he still had them. "No." He replied. "Sorry, yeah." He furrowed his brows, unsure why he didn't just say 'yes' in the first place. "I'll see you around." He nods.

Biting her lower lip, she nodded and watched him walk by her, going up the stairs. She pressed her eyes closed and knew she had to speak now or forever hold her peace. With a deep inhale, she pushed away from the railing suddenly and turned, walking up a step. "Wait!"

He turned.

"Sorry, I um..." She trailed. "Have to tell you something."

Adam's head lowered and he stopped on the steps, turning as he glanced down to her. "What is it?"

"Um," She toyed with her sweater sleeves, growing nervous and he could see it. 

He did have places to be and people to see, so he wasn't quite a fan of her wasting his time but at the same time he was gonna hear what she needed to tell him. He was a kind hearted guy and hockey may have been at the top of his priority list, but girls weren't far behind and she was a gorgeous girl with a funny, lively personality and a kindness to her that most didn't have.

He leaned against the corner railing as it turned to continue up the stairs to the third floor, they stood at the second. "I need to drop this off." He mentioned. "Coming?"

"Yeah." She nods, heart skipping a beat. 

His hair looked really good that day and it seemed like he didn't actually comb it or anything. It looked soft to the eye and she wanted to brush her fingers across, but that would be very weird from a friend, so she kept herself more so sane. 

Taking in a deep breath, she followed close behind him as he took odd looks back to make sure she was all right. "Adam." She spoke up, needing to blurt it out before she ran off in shame. "I kind of have this thing...for you." She mumbled the last part. 

The boy smiled to himself. 'Cute', he thought.

"And it's been on my mind a lot, especially recently, and I can't not think about it. Haha." She laughed to herself, following him up the steps. "What I'm trying to say is; I like you."

Adam had stopped at the very top of the steps when they arrived to the third floor, pulling his skates below his arm to hold and faced her. She stopped suddenly, almost running into him for the second time in approximately ten minutes.

She watched him purse his lip before licking his lower lip briefly, his jaw clenching slightly as she forced herself to look. "I think you're great, too." 

"Really?"

"Yeah." He nods. "You're beautiful and smart, I like that." He complimented her.

The girl bursted into a mindful of happiness, feeling on top of the world as her heart warmed up as it continued to thump even louder. "Gosh, really." She muttered, unable to believe it.

His face fell, needing to look away from her as he rubbed the nape of his neck. "But I'm sorry, I don't think of you in the same way."

"No, no, no, I get it." She brushed it off, not hearing the words he said as she was focused on the compliments he gave her.

"Do you?" He lifted a brow. "I like everything about you, but I'm not into you."

She looked at him.

"I'm sorry."

She stepped away, fingers toying with her shirt even more as her smile faded quickly and turned stoic. 

She couldn't help but glare at him, unsure why she felt this sudden oncome of frustrations smack her like a brick. Her heart stopped thumping and she almost couldn't breathe she held her breath for so long. The girl's emotions of giddy turned to dust as she inhaled, swallowing the lump in her throat.

Casually, she played it off as if it didn't hurt her like a bullet to the chest and nodded to him. "No, I understand." She continued to nod, unsure what else to do. "I'm stupid for thinking such a thing." She exhaled. 

Wanting to cry, her eyes stung strongly and her heart felt like it'd cracked. He was just a boy, she told herself but her heart refused to admit that. He was more than just a boy, he was a guy she learned to know from a distance or during class projects because she liked him. She cheered him on during his hockey games and gave him a friendly 'hey' almost every morning. She found herself smiling every time he walked into the room. He made her feel better in a sense, and he didn't even know it.

"Okay, bye." She turned away, lifting a hand to hold below her eyes before she cried.

"Wait," He didn't want her to go, feeling bad but needed to admit the truth rather than lie. "Y/N!"

Quickly vanishing down the hall, she jogged to see Charlie but then remembered he and Adam were roommates. With a dreaded sigh, she forced herself back down the hall in utter embarrassment. Keeping her head low, she held her arms over her chest and almost cried running by Adam to go upstairs to the girls' floor. 

Y/N began to cry heavily, chest heaving for air as she felt like she was having a full blown panic attack. She would not have told Adam such a thing if she didn't think he felt somewhat the same way. The girl assumed she read the situation entirely wrong and now, she didn't want to show her fact anymore around school.

With a cry, she slammed the door to her dorm shut and he watched her run off to her room, then went to his own dorm.