Part 10

"My children, my dear sweet children, where art thee? Mother misses you so..."

***

We were woken up with the most shocking news from Principal Snow. Marcus, Korrie's stalker went missing. He was said to be seen at the lake last night even though it was already known to the whole school it is off limits. The lunatic might not understood what was announced and went there anyway.
Students who were nearby said he was walking in a very odd way, like he was being controlled. The students who saw this stated that they heard a singing voice, at first they were said to be mesmerized by it but got out of the trance when they got distracted by the call of their hall monitor, and that's how they reported about Marcus' behavior.

I'm both disappointed and intrigued by this.

Bianca and the sirens are not in the mess hall during the assembly this morning where Principal Snow said her speech about postponing classes for the day.

"All students must remain in their dorms for the rest of the day until further notice, we will be postponing family day for this week for everyone's safety," said the principal, "you will be monitored closely by the teachers and staff, no one us allowed to go out am I understood students?"

Everyone responded "yes" and are escorted back to the dorms by their hall monitor and teachers.

Principal Snow called for me in her office with Xavier, Enid, Ajax, and Eugene who I haven't seen in a while because he was busy for some reason.

"I think you already know why you're called here," she began, fixing the cuff if her white long sleeve shirt, and looks at me, "Ms. Addams?"

"To be completely honest with you, my findings are not yet enough, my abilities are failing me too, I have no leads, no suspects, but I do know one thing," I said, I couldn't help but notice the uneasiness of Eugene's leg, "the sirens know something and they won't say anything because of some promise they made."

"But if the sirens have the answers we need, how are we going to make them tell us?" Snow asked.

Ajax raised his hand, interrupting us, "Uh... for someone who doesn't know what's going on, can someone fill me in? I thought I was called here because I did something wrong but looks like it's something very serious."

"What?!" Enid snapped, "You didn't listen when I told you about Wednesday's case?"

"I was!" Ajax defended himself, "I didn't thought it was this serious until today."

My roommate groans, "Oh my goodness Ajax, I can't believe I wasted my breath for nothing!"

I'm into a good lover's quarrel, but now is not the time to coach Enid on breaking her boyfriend's arm. "As I was saying, the sirens are hiding something and I tried negotiating with them in return for their safety, my family can provide it if they need it."

"But that didn't work," said Snow, "now what are you planning now?"

I haven't thought about that to be honest. With the lack of information I'm not able to make a conclusion at any point of this case.
All I know is that the monster is a ghostly being that can kill, and that it has to be stopped or else more students die.

Not being able to provide a plan for my next move, Principal Snow allowed us to return to our dorms. Xavier and Ajax's dorm is on the other side of the school so we have to part ways, Enid and I going to Ophelia Hall.

Eugene is walking ahead of us, quiet than he usually is when he's with us. I wonder if it's because he's avoiding Enid because he's moving on from his crush on her, but given his actions earlier I thought otherwise.