Chapter 2 - Thrown Through a Loop

Start from the beginning

The scene started again, and everyone did as they were told. I sang along to the song playing over the speakers, and my heart was pounding as I did so. At the row of stands, I went down the line. I came to Shannon. Without a second thought since I knew cameras were rolling, I picked her up by the waist and handed her to the tall man whose name was Richard. I had to hold in a reaction to how light Shannon was. She was the size of a child and weighed as much as one, too! It made sense, of course, but it was hard to believe that a woman was so light.

I moved on, and I came off the stage and to another one where I finished the song with Joan with me. We had to hug, and I had to kiss her neck and cheek. Why did I feel strange doing that? Because I was taken? Because a certain other woman in this crowd was watching, too?

"Cut!" John shouted. "Wonderful! I want to go through the whole scene once more just to be safe, but I think we will probably use this one."

Everyone was still clapping, and I stood there on that little stage with Joan, and I glanced over at Shannon, and my brows rose. I didn't really notice a couple minutes ago when the cameras were rolling, but the height difference between her and Richard... He was literally twice her height but most likely around the same age. It was insane!

The scene was done again, and again, I had to pick Shannon up and hand her to Richard. I couldn't help but notice, also again, her feminine waist.

I was looking forward to making this film, I just had no idea that I would be thrown through a loop like some carnival ride. There were so many beautiful women extras, but my gaze continuously wanted to land on the smallest of all of them.

(The little lady he picks up is supposed to be Shannon, but she looks different than the woman in this. It's the same idea, though.)

~ ~ ~

Nighttime came, but the set was alight with carnival lights and laughter. We were doing carnival scenes all day, and now, it was passed dinnertime, and everyone was enjoying the festivities. It was an actual borrowed carnival, after all. Those were all real activity stands and rides that people could enjoy. Me? I was sitting it out on a picnic bench, taking a much-needed break as my feet pounded from being on them all day. The Colonel was standing about ten feet away, chatting with the producer Hal Wallis. They were discussing some things that should be added or taken away to make the set look more real. Out of all the films I had done so far, this one was the one that the Colonel was the most interested in and put in a helping hand as far as set-up.

I snickered. The Colonel was in his element, and he was gleaming, much like the others around. It did my heart good to see him happy when he was always pretty stressed running my life.

A dog started barking, and I found a familiar one scamper up to me as I sat on the picnic table bench, facing away from the table, so the table edge was in my back. I grinned. "Well, hi, there, again!" I pet her head, and she was trying to get up on my lap. I laughed as her tail wagged crazily as her front legs were on my lap, and she was nuzzling her head against my belly. "Now, aren't you a sweet girl, huh? What was your name again?"

"Lila, down!" I looked up and saw Shannon run up, and she was out of her costume and in the same clothes I met her in. "Hello, again, Elvis. I'm sorry about her."

"No, no, it's alright." I saw that her hair was up in that ponytail again. She really did look like an adult right here, and in the lighting from the post near us, I could see her age. She stood as tall as me as I sat, though. "Great job today."