Jade's Idea of Fun

The two figures stood over the bubbling pink liquid in the cauldron, the fire underneath burning steadily, the only light source besides the kerosene lamp on an old oak desk. Empty bottles that had been used up in the process were neatly arranged on the floor.

"Eye of Newt, the last ingredient." The shorter one popped open a small vial and poured a powder into the mixture. He resumed stirring.

The boiling potion glowed brightly with success before darkening to a sinister, blood red color.

The taller one walked over to the light switch and flipped it on while the shorter one collected some of the potion into a flask.

Azul wiped some of the sweat from his brow and presented the finished product to Jade.

"Here you are, as promised."

Jade smiled pleasantly and took it. "Excellent work, as always."

Azul removed his goggles, a cute red indent cut into his forehead and the bridge of his nose, and leveled Jade with a suspicious look.

"The price you've paid is more than adequate, and I can sell off the rest of this, but why do you need this kind of potion?" He said warily.

"It's just a bit of fun, don't worry." Jade said vaguely.

Azul sighed. "Maybe I don't want to know." He started pulling more flasks off the shelf behind them to collect the rest of the cauldron's contents. "Just make sure it doesn't affect business."

Jade grinned, holding up the flask to inspect it. "Certainly."

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riddle hesitated a second before opening the door. The dimly lit restaurant was busy, as per usual, and he made his way in and looked around for a familiar face.

He didn't spot him immediately in the crowd, but eventually noticed him in his standard dorm uniform on a cushy black couch, a cup of tea in front of him on the white table. Riddle made his way over, walking up the few steps in the middle of the room.

"Ah, Riddle. Thank you for coming." Jade greeted welcomingly.

Riddle took a seat across from him nervously.

When Jade had asked Riddle to meet him at the Mostro Lounge during class that day, he'd promised that Floyd wasn't working this afternoon and therefore wouldn't be there. Still, he couldn't help but worry about that idiot's smiling face popping out of nowhere to ruin his week.

But Riddle trusted Jade's word. He was aware of Jade's less than noble activities outside of school, but Jade had been nothing but respectful to him personally. He also figured he owed Jade for helping him to the nurse's office that time he'd caught Trey's cold.

"So, what did you want to discuss?" He asked.

"You see," Jade began, "I neglected to tell you the topic of this meeting because I was afraid you might not come if I did."

Riddle made a weary expression at Jade's ominous words. "What is it?"

"I'll get right to it. It's about my brother, Floyd."

"Urk!" Riddle's arm jerked up in surprise.

When Jade waited to continue, Riddle relaxed and made a resigned face. "So what is it you wish to discuss about Floyd?" He said begrudgingly.

"You see, I'm simply worried about him in terms of his social skills." Jade continued.

Riddle hadn't been expecting that. He wasn't sure what he should've expected, maybe for Jade to tell him Floyd had committed a serious crime and he didn't know what to do about it, but not this. Not that Jade shouldn't be concerned about Floyd's social skills because, uh, yeah, they were talking about Floyd here, but Riddle didn't know Jade actually cared about Floyd's wellbeing.