The girl's once lively yellow eyes turned dull as Kawa jumped onto her back quickly and situated herself into a piggyback hold. The pinkette didn't even seem to mind the extra weight, skating past the sparkly blond with just as much velocity as she did before.

They both crossed the finish line, Kawa hopping off the girl's back and letting out a sigh as her quirk deactivated. Whilst the sparkly blond sulked miserably on the floor, the pinkette suddenly bounced back over to Kawa, who clearly wasn't expecting her to approach.

"That was so incredibly amazing..!" The girl exclaimed, opening her palms to the air in the mock of a firework. "Ejiri, your quirk is so powerful!"

The pinkette then took Kawa's hands, staring at her with such an ecstatic look of wonder that Kawa immediately tore her hands away. Glancing sharply at her, the lilac-haired girl took a step back.

"Don't touch me," she hissed.

Sure, it was a bit contradictory considering that Kawa had just hopped onto the girl's back, but the statement stood nonetheless.

Kawa swiftly turned around, ignoring the brief look of disappointment on the girl's face, which quickly morphed into determination. "Hey! My names Mina Ashido..!"

Trying desperately to mask her curiosity, Kawa only glanced back at the pinkette, offering a small nod of acknowledgment before quickening her pace to approach Ochaco. Once there, Kawa let out a soft grumble, resting her forehead on her friend's shoulder in an attempt to hide her irked expression from the rest of the class.

"Aww.." Ochaco hummed, patting Kawa's head with a small smile.

Meanwhile, Kaminari looked on at the petite girl, haunted with the same thoughts that seemed to appear in his mind when Kawa was around.

Why was she so standoffish?

But that unfriendliness seemed to catch up with Kawa in the form of karma, because throughout the rest of the tests, the girl was next to useless in terms of physical strength.

And that was what she despised about having a mental quirk.

Kawa sat on the floor, being joined by an exhausted Ochaco. Softly, she twiddled her thumbs, only having the intense feeling of foreboding to keep her mind company.

"Alright, time to give you your results," Shota suddenly announced, making the class collectively sigh in relief. "I've ranked you all from best to worst. You should probably have a good idea of your standing already."

With a tired sigh, Shota slumped his stance and fiddled with the device. "I'll just pull up the whole list.. It's not worth going over each individual's score."

Kawa stared at the empty board with anticipation, only glaring at it as the results began to pop up; starting from the top students and ending at the bottom.

As they appeared, Kawa's facial expression only grew paler and paler.

Her eyebrows knitted together, her blueish eyes drilling holes into that screen; as if she wanted the whole thing to burst into flames haphazardly.

Kawa was at the near bottom of the list. Placed just above a Toru Hagakure and below a Kyoka Jirou.

The girl's anger only increased, her fists clenched and rigid at her side. Whilst all the other students were breathing sighs of relief at Shota's comment, being that nobody was going to get expelled, Kawa was trying to keep down the outbursts of rage that threatened to bubble over the surface of her emotions.

Her mind was filled with such ambivalence and vexation that anybody would immediately shiver if they could feel it.

But then it seemed to dissipate—as though the girl realized something that she should've known all along, like a rude awakening from a bad dream—and Kawa could only look somberly at the dirt.

She should've remember. She should've exercised more caution, and if she had been a little smarter, her results wouldn't have been as bad.

But Kawa grew soft, and that was the only explanation she could come up with for experiencing such failure.

If only she recalled what she had been taught.

๑๑๑
★・・・・・・★
๑๑๑

[ Word Count: 1029 ]

╚══ ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝