VIII

The weeks have grown lonelier now that Papa and the ghouls have left for their tour. I've had nothing to do these past couple of weeks other than taking care of Asmodeus and the children. Papa said he'd be coming back in a week which I am overly excited for. I also no longer have to cook for Papa and the ghouls, temporarily, which gives me more time to sleep in; not looking forward to waking up early again.

The children have been a handful lately. Ive been left to take care of them now since Sister Beatrice thinks I don't do enough work around the house now that the band has left. They've been bratty and temperamental all week. Ive also been having to lock my doors now, someones been getting into my room, I dont know who but its getting on my nerves.

Sitting outside on a stone bench watching the children, a young boy runs up to me. "Can I play with Asmodeus?" The young boy asked.

"Im afraid not, tesoro. He's still healing." I tried to come off as kind.

"But I want to play with him!"

"And I said no."

"You're mean, I hate you."

"Hate me all you want, its not gonna change my mind."

"Hmph!" He stomped off and went back to playing in the fields with the other kids. I groaned and rubbed my temples.

"I feel you," a deep, british accent rang behind me. I sat up straighter. Brother James, the new Brother, appeared from behind me and sat down next to me. He's a young 18 year old boy with brown hair and green eyes. "These kids are nothing but spoiled these days. Y'know, its Sister Alice and Swiss who spoil them."

"Really? Maybe I should keep an eye on those two more than the children

"Really? Maybe I should keep an eye on those two more than the children." We chuckled.

"Im James," he stuck his hand out for me to shake. I shook his hand.

"Y/N. And I already knew, Imperator told me to keep an eye on you."

"Heh, really?"

"Mhm, she told me you're quite the trouble maker. Although, you seem like a sweetheart."

"Thank you. You're- not too bad yourself." I
laughed.

"Brother James! Brother James!" A little girl yelled, running up to us out of breath. She brushed her curls out of her face, flashing a toothy grin.

"What? What?" James chuckled, grabbing both of her hands, caressing them gently.

"Come play with us," she pointed behind her to her group of friends. She pulled James' from his seat and tried to pull him over to her group.

"I gotta go. See you later, darling." Him and the little girl ran off somewhere. He's... interesting.

Sitting by my nightstand on the edge of my bed, I waited eagerly for a call from Papa. He promised me he'd call every night, I know he always keeps his promises. Minutes apon minutes and still no call. Damn you, Papa. Its 10 P.M so my guess is he's probably asleep. I don't know what country he's in and the time zone for him, so the wait continues.