an accidental present

Start from the beginning

It made you happy to have everyone around you, but you missed Eddie. Some part of you regretted letting him go, yet he needed to.

After putting away the gifts, Robin had gotten you. A photo, books, and some candles. It was time to open another.

The one you grabbed was horribly wrapped, but whoever it was, did their best. You stared at the paper seeing the pretty colors on it. t didn't have a name, yet you had an idea who had got you this one.

"Who's this from?", You asked anyway, looking around as the box rested in your hand.

Jonathan smiled, "Oh, Eddie said that's for you."

You immediately started to rip the wrapping paper off it, feeling excited. You always loved anything Eddie had gotten you. The box was small, yet whatever was inside had to be good; water started to form in your eyes when you opened it.

Your heart skipped a beat.

"Oh my god," You breathed out, staring at the pretty little necklace. He remembered."

Nancy furrowed her eyes brows staring at you. Your other best friend did the same looking at the locket as you picked it out of the box.

"Remembered what?" Nancy said, and you smiled, shaking your head.

You took in all the details it had. The silver-looking chain was beautiful. It was no doubt Eddie must've spent a lot of money on this.

"It was like months ago. We were in a store looking at all the things they had. I saw this necklace, and it was exactly what my mom had.", You said, staring at it, not believing he had actually got it for you.

You lost the necklace a while back, and it broke your heart. Eddie heard, wanting to help. Then you pointed it out, and he had to get it for you no matter the cost.

"I can't believe he did that," Robin said, gently taking it from your hands to look at it. You smiled, resting a hand on your face. Yeah, he must've spent a fortune on it."

Steve chuckled, running a hand through his hair as he sat near you, "Eddie? Oh please, remember back in high school when Eddie fell in love with Chrissy and bought her that extremely overpriced bracelet."

Your heart suddenly dropped to your stomach.

"What did you just say?" you said, staring at him.

Steve looked up, finally realizing what he had said. The look on your face was confused but wanting to know more.

He looked around the room and started to stutter. "I-I uh uh," he laughed nervously, making you raise your eyebrows at him.

"Overpriced bracelet," Steve said, hoping you didn't hear anything else.

He was quite literally shaking. t was the one thing no one was supposed to know, but he slipped up. Steve had finally told you the one thing Eddie kept from you.

You just shook your head, "No. uh no, the love part?".

Did he really just say that?, you thought.

Not knowing if it was true. How would Eddie be in love with you? That didn't make any sense to you.

Steve swallowed hard, leaning up, trying to get any words out. He could not. No matter how many times he tried, it sounded like gibberish.

Argyle covered his mouth, laughing at how high he was. Jonathan and Nancy looked over at Steve as he tried to recover what he had said. You looked down at your lap as thoughts raced all around.

"Oh my god," you said in complete shock.

Robin grabbed your hand, seeing how confused you were. Steve covered his face, cursing at himself, "Oh no, oh no."