S1 Ep 22: Journey to Regionals

Gabriela stood in the kitchen with Miguel.

"So. Did you tell your parents about what happened?" He asked her.

"No. I just spoke to them about the usual. They said they are going to come back though. Friday. But only for 1 week. I think you should tell them then." She advised

She knew they wouldn't appreciate him doing that kind of stuff in their house, but they certainly wouldn't kick him out for it.

"And you're positive they won't put me out?" He stressed

"100% sure." She replied. "I gotta go. We'll talk about it later."

"Bye. Oh by the way, I'm coming to watch you perform Saturday if you're cool with that."

"Totally" She grabbed her stuff and headed to Mr Shuesters house where the others were.

               xxx

Everyone sat in Mr Shuesters living room, extremely bummed out by the news of coach Sylvester being a judge at regionals.

"Nobody wants a slice of pizza?" Mr Shue asked them.

"All right, lets get started. Thank you for coming to the first annual New Directions Regionals setlist nominations party."

"Whats the point Mr Shue? Coach Sylvester is one of the judges. She's gonna crush us." Artie said depressingly

"Artie, you don't know that."

"Yes we do. She told us at Cheerios practice." Santana told the teacher.

"Yeah she said 'I'm going to crush glee club'." Brittany added on.

"A whole freaking year. All that hard work for nothing." Puck complained.

Tina began crying. "I'm sorry. I just really love you guys." She told them
"Do you know how many Facebook friends I had before I joined glee club? Two. My parents. Rachel was right. Being apart of something special... it made me feel special. I just can't believe its gonna be over in a week."

"Wait, who says its gonna be over?" Finn asked them.

"Please. You think Puck or Santana and Gabriela are gonna even acknowledge my existence once we're not in glee club any more." Mercedes told the boy.

"She has a point. I'll probably forget half of you." Gabriela stated.

"Mr Shuester? Instead of nominating songs, we could just go around the room and talk about things that we loved about Glee Club this year?" Rachel asked him, crying too now.

                 xxx

"9 months ago there were 5 of you in here. And we sucked. I mean we really sucked, bad." Mr Shuester started off his speech.

"Oneday, all of you are gonna be gone, and all of this, all of us will be nothing but a hazy memory. It will take you a second to remember everyone's name. Someone will remind you of all the songs we've sung, the solos you did and didn't get. Life only really has one beginning and one end... and the rest is just a whole lot of middle. And i love you guys too much to not let you make the most of it. Now, i was gonna quit once, but you guys made me come back with 'Don't stop believing'. It was a 9, but we are going to make it a 10."

"We're doing dont stop believing at regionals?" Rachel asked.

"We are doing a journey medley. Cause who cares what happens when we get there, when getting there has been so much fun?" Mr Shue ended his speech.