SEVEN

SEVEN

"Hey."

Daniel Ricciardo smiled gently at the brunette girl standing in front of him, with two coffee cups in her hands.

"Hi, I wasn't expecting to see you today, so this is a nice surprise." Daniel spoke as the woman handed him one of the coffee cups, surprised to see her since he had thought that she was back in Perth.

"I know. I just saw you and thought I'd come and say hi, and to thank you for sending that gift to me via Lewis." Josephine Rankin gave the Ricciardo man a sheepish smile, watching as he took a sip from the coffee cup.

"This is my favorite. How did you know?" Daniel raised an eyebrow as the warm caffeinated drink was ingested by him.

"I took a guess." Josephine gave him the smallest of smirks, not mentioning that she had known exactly how he liked his coffee due to it being the exact same as Jules'.

He had obviously picked up the same likes and habits as his best friend without even realising.

"I'll have to take some notes on what things you like, as I only remember a couple of things." Daniel chuckled, noticing the raised eyebrow that he was recieving from the Rankin woman.

"What do you remember?"

Daniel lifted his head up towards the sky as he grinned, memories flooding him from the few times that he had met her and the things that he had learnt about her from Jules.

"I remember that you used to have a pet Rabbit that you called Rupert." Daniel watched as the girls face lit up as she remembered her pet Rabbit.

"I think you mean Rupert Walter Rankin III." Josephine let small giggles leave her lips before she took another sip of her warm coffee.

"Ah yes, I forgot that your Rabbit was the grandson of Rupert Walter Rankin I." Daniel rolled his eyes teasingly at the woman, her giggles and laughter making his chest swell with happiness.

"How could you forget him?" Josephine smirked, teasing him since she knew that both Jules and himself had laughed when they had learnt that she had called her Rabbit a human name, including a middle name too.

She just liked seeing people's reactions when she mentioned that she had three rabbits with the exact same name.

"I also remember that you're a Rihanna super fan." Daniel wiggled his eyebrows up and down a couple of times to tease her, laughing loudly as she lifted one of her hands to push his shoulder backwards.

"I actually managed to meet her, you know?" The Ricciardo man noticed how her face lit up as she was solely concentrating on him.

"You did? When? Where? Why? Can I meet her too?" Daniel wrapped his arm around her shoulder as the two of them walked together, making their way through a busy street filled with people.

"I was at a fashion event, getting ready to model some new designs that Sandra had lined me up for, and then just before I was due to go out on to the runway, I see Rihanna watching me and I almost fainted." Josephine laughed, her body subconsciously leaning in towards the Ricciardo man.

"Did she almost faint when she saw you? Little miss famous model." Daniel shot the woman a playful wink, hearing her angelic laughter once more.

"Ugh, I wish." The Australian girl released a groan,  remembering the smile that the famous singer had given her when they had met.

"Are you two besties now? Is she going to write a song about you?" Daniel nudged her with his elbow, before his eyes caught sight of a small café which was much quieter than the busy streets.