6.

"Heads up! Heads up!" Bud shouted as a fire erupted from out of the oven. "Coming through! Fire!" Bud grabbed a fire extinguisher and began to put it out. "Back off! Back off! Back off! We got a dangerous situation. Back off! Back off! Don't breathe. Don't breathe in."

Once he had put out the fire, he turned to look at all the elves. He let out a grunt. "What's wrong with you people? We were an inch away from Armageddon."

"I'll get a mop," Jack said, trying to hide his gleeful smile. His plan had worked perfectly, so far.

"Oh, Dad, you did great," Carol said as she walked over to him with Sylvia following behind. "You all right?"

"Had to be done," Bud shrugged.

"That was wonderful, honey," Sylvia assured her husband.

"Hi, everyone!" Laura exclaimed as her and Neil appeared in the kitchen, with Lucy by their side. "Oh, my!"

"You're awake!" Neil said to Bud and Sylvia.

"Awake, yeah," Bud nodded. "Who are you?"

"Oh!" Carol said in realization. "Mom and Dad, this is Scott's ex-wife Laura and her husband Neil."

"Hi,"

"Their daughter, Lucy," Carol continued.

"Hi,"

"They came to join us for Christmas," Carol said. "Isn't that nice?"

Sylvia looked at her daughter, with a wave of uncertainty decorating her features. "If Scott is that close to his ex-wife, and you don't find that incredibly threatening, I'm sure it's very nice."

Laura and Carol's smile faded.

"Hi, everybody, I'm back," Scott said. Curtis, Bernard, and Y/N trailed behind him. "Hey, what happened?"

"Oh, nothing," Jack said. "Just, you didn't tell your in-laws that your ex-wife is spending Christmas with you."

"More secrets," Bud stated, clearly unamused.

Before Scott could respond, the cocoa beans from the hot chocolate machine started to shoot out and go everywhere. "Nothing works in this joint." Said Bud.

"Think this is something?" Jack asked. "You should see the delivery room."

"Is there a problem?" Bud asked in concern for his daughter. "I want to see the delivery room."

***

"Heavy load! Coming through!" An elf called as they brought a bag into the delivery room.

"Watch your backs, people," Scott said. "Set it down there."

"This is the delivery room?" Bud asked. "This is not a delivery room. This is a disaster. What's going on?"

"We're remodeling," Y/N informed. "It'll be huge, comfortable."

"This is a broom closet," Bud stated. "Why is the oven and the kitchen bigger than the delivery room?"

"This isn't a broom closet..." Y/N said, as she desperately tried to reason with Carol's parents.

"Watch your back again!" Scott said as someone brought in another bag. "There we go."

"This is the hospital for the entire toy factory," Y/N said.

"How about that, Syl?" Bud said to his wife. "Our grandchild is being born in a broom closet of a Canadian toy factory." Bud turned to his daughter and placed both hands on the side of her face. "Sweetheart, you can be honest with us. Don't be afraid. Are you being held here against your will?"