And so, Sarah told her everything. 

From the fall-out that occurred after Ward's death, to her re-connection with Topper, to the bonfire, the fight, and finally the awkward stage they were currently in. 

Charlotte listened attentively, the two of them pausing every so often to ensure that Pope and John B were still okay as they sifted through the murky water. 

Once Sarah had finished, Charlotte let out a breath. "I know you're not gonna believe me when I say this, but it does get better."

A pointed look covered Sarah's face, "You're right, I don't believe you."

"Listen," Charlotte smiled, "When your brother and I first broke up, I couldn't even look at a picture of him without crying, or wanting to punch something. I never thought I'd be able to look at him again...but here we are six months later, and we're friends...sorta."

Sarah was silent for a moment. "My brother's a complete ass, you deserve so much better than him."

A laugh flew from Charlotte's lips, "Right. So if I can manage to put up with him, you and John B will find your way back to each other no problem. Trust me when I say I've never seen him happier than when he was with you."

"You know what the worst part is?" Sarah spoke softly, as if reminicsing on everything her and John B had been through. "Even after everything with my dad, the way John B reacted, the things he said to me...I still love him."

Something squeezed at Charlotte's heart, the own plague of her love life, the strife she faced every day because of it. "Yeah." She whispered, pushing down the lump in her throat. "I know what you mean."

And she did, completely. 

No matter what, a large part of her heart would always love Rafe Cameron. No matter what he did, she loved him. No matter how hard she tried not to, she loved him. Completely. 

Sarah noted the shift in Charlotte's face, and instantly she knew. "You were the best thing that ever happened to Rafe." She said softly, a sad smile on her face. "He's a fucked up person...but you saved him."

"Yeah." Charlotte whispered, throat constricting. "And then I ruined him...turned him into whatever the hell he is now."

"No." Sarah asserted. "None of that was you. Most people would have left him long before you did...he did this to himself, all of it."

Not all of it, Charlotte wanted to argue. Ward did this to him, made Rafe who he was. But she wasn't going to say that, not to his grieving daughter. 

"Doesn't matter." Charlotte dismissed, "We're not talking about me. We're talking about you and John B."

Sarah shrugged, "There's not much left to say, I mean..." She trailed off, her eyes darting across the swamp where they had last seen John B. 

"What's wrong?" Charlotte demanded, her heart plummeting as she pushed herself onto her feet, standing atop the Twinkie to get a better view. 

Scrambling up, Sarah gripped onto Charlotte's arm, "Where did he go?"

A splash came from said direction, but there was still no sign of John B.